(Very)Longterm Mk3 Project

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by dubkev, May 17, 2009.

1. dubkev New Member

So after my old corolla being writtrn off when someone crashed into it, I had a few to spend. A mate of mind has a Mk3 16V and I've never heard so many positive things about one. Kept an eye out and got this one after a month of looking.

Vital Stats:
    1995 16V.. 1,500 All the usual spec.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car is a daily driver which inhibits some possible mods. It needs new shocks all around, full service and new break discs and pads. Also would like to get a new back box and tidy up the tow bar issue. Its a GTi, not a Pajero!! Any suggestions for new rims, 16", very welcome. The paint work needs some attention but thats only minor stuff.

Any suggestions, tips, hints or general comments welcome! Cheers for lookin':thumbup:

2. dubkev New Member

Update

Bit of an update on the car. Shes had a full service done, including all of the belts and the oil/filter. New standard suspension fitted all round (will prob upgrade eventually). Also got a new front windscreen as the old one was badly cracked.

I have a full set of brake discs and pads ready to be fitted, as well as a rear end bush kit, the current ones are totally shot. For the time being, i'm looking to keep it standard, due mainly to a lack of 's.

If the funds become available, i'll be looking to get a respray (enamel flaking and usual rust problems for a MK3). I'd also like to get a new set of rims, maybe RS4's. Also, the driver seat needs re-upholstering. Longterm, i will be looking to get a new exhaust fitted as its not in great nick. A few minor glitches with the heater (just the connector) and the eletric window switches are tempremental to say the least [:s]

Heres a few pics after a good scrubbing :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]