Vibration Reduction ?

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by mark25, Jun 28, 2009.

1. mark25 Forum Junkie

Just noticed that my Nikon D40 doesn't seem take the VR into account[:s] even in sport mode.

Therefor you need to be using the camera in one of the manual modes to get any benefit, by pushing the shutter speed into an area the camera wouldn't normally go, for any given situation?

Or am i missing something...?

2. lufbramatt Forum Member

tbh i find the scene modes pretty useless. use the camera in either aperture priority, shutter priorty or manual, gives much more control. in A or S mode you choose the depth of field (aperture) or how the motion is stopped (shutter speed) and the camera will work out the correct exposure. The VR just helps to stabilise the image so you can get away with a slightly lower shutter speed than normal to acheive the right exposure with less camera shake when theres not enough light for the largest aperture setting on the lens.

3. mark25 Forum Junkie

I know that, i can get the best out of it because i'm usually in Aperture mode with an eye on shutter speed. However, i want the camera to use that advantage in "wifey", mode too:lol:

People in program modes and AUTO will only be getting 1/2 the VR benefit according to me[:s]