Virtual Garage - Hints & Tips

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by B34R, Sep 5, 2004.

1. B34R Forum Member

Hi,

A few of you have requested mods on your own cars, while its no problem to do - theres a few things you can do to help the virtual modders...
    <ul>
    [*]Give us a good quality image of your motor to work with. Ideally a photo thats 800x600 and in jpeg format. Its easier to virtual mod a big image of a motor - then shrink it down. The results will looks a lot better that working with a smaller image.

[*]Give us some idea of what you want - be descriptive - saying "Can anyone throw some rims on this and change the colour?" isn't very helpful. Give us some idea - Like "I'd love to see some Dezent A's on this pic - and can you change the colour from black to red?"

[*]If at all possible, find a decent pic of the parts you want on - the bigger the pic the better. Also - and I'm going out on a limb here - find a pic of parts that are in the same 'stance' as your car.

[*]Have some patience - most of the virtual modders do this as a bit of hobby - so you might not see results instantly... but when we have a spare hour or two.

[/list]

Thanks for listening!
    Cheers,
    B34R. ;)

2. WBR

wbr Forum Junkie

you think this could be made into a sticky?
    Edited by: welsh_boy_racer

3. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

4. Yorkie Forum Member

I've been using the below site for some time now, and found the tutorials very useful when virtually modding my car. Even if some of the ideas are a little too riced up for some peoples liking ;)

Digi Mods

Cheers

Jamie

5. [SAM] Forum Member

6. Speedyindeedy New Member

Thanks for the links guys[:D]