Volksbits

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by golf2, Jan 28, 2006.

1. golf2 Forum Member

Iordered a mk2 debadged grille and crystal clearheadlamps from them a few months back.

I recieved crystalCROSS-HAIR headlamps, which i kept coz they are actually more expensive than the ones i ordered. And the grille didn't fit properly, it was so badly made. When i rang up about it, he told me he wouldget someone to ring me bak who can tell me how to modify it to get it to fit!!

I told him i wanted a refund for the grille and postage cost, i got the money for the grille but not the 8 postage [:x].

In the end i got the grille from GSF for a very low price. Fits perfect and looks good

Last edited: Apr 29, 2006
  2. The Judderman Forum Member

VOLKSBITS should be on Watchdog..

They sell total cr4p. I bought some clear side repeaters for my mk2 yrs ago, I had to sand down the plastic brackets to make them fit properly, then they steamed up! They were then relocated in the bin!

I have so many mates who have bought parts from them and they haven`t fitted or have broken. My mate bought a debodged grille from them at GTI Festival a few yrs ago for his mk3. Luckily he tried to fit it at the show, it was never ever going to fit so he got his money back

Another mate ordered some mk2 crystal clears, when they came they were for a mk1. The courier then came back two days later, did`nt want to hang around, gave him the new lights, did`nt take the mk1`s back. The new lights were broken!

The list goes on mate, the only ppl who buy their stuff are new to the scene like we were. We`ve learnt and moved on. I hope other`s read this and steer clear. They are complete Gypo`s

Volksbits aka Bodgebits (mod it yourself to get it to fit!)

3. monza 16v Forum Member

Clowns.

4. destructiv dave Forum Member

Sums them up pretty well. Their stand at shows always looks really busy. I just stand around muttering profanities about the quality of their items hoping to discourage others from falling into the same trap, but it never seems to work.

Perhaps we should take placards to the next show and mount a campaign against them and R&A.

5. golf2 Forum Member

christ i didnt realise they were that bad, i thought i just had a one off bad part or something. Even their ad in the mags looks cheapo! lol

6. Natedogg Forum Member

well that is nice to know to someone new to the scene. big thumbs up and ta. was going to use them as my dad used to years ago with his 57 split oval beetle.

how about big boys toys instead? are they any good?

7. Trinity Forum Member

volksbits. Im with the marjority. Clowns. And yes im up for the picket line especially with RA as they are even worse!

big boys toys are OK. some parts ive had have been trash, some reasonable.

8. miggs2002 Forum Member

the only thing i have bought from them is front discs drilled and grooved for my mk valver and all is well no probs at all but after reading this i think i will steer clear!

9. richellis Forum Member

brought an alloy bee sting at inters. no complaints!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

10. GolfMk3 Forum Member

I once bought a de-badged plastic front grille from them at a show a few years back. A few weeks after fitting, it flew off on the M6 and hit the car behind me, as you can imagine they weren't happy.

When I phoned them to complain they asked me to send the grille back to them and they would have a look at it before any refund /replacement.

I told them it was near the central reservation on the M6 somewhere.........

11. Chris20V New Member

If you want shiney cheap cr*p go to Volksbits you'll find loads there.

Once bitten.[8(]

12. Budkid

Budkid New Member

I bought my crystal headlamps fogs bumper indicators mats and other bits from there... I have to admit products were good and a good service all round. Sounds like I'm in a minority tho...

13. Hugo Forum Member

Minority of 2 now! I have bought a few items from them and haven't had probs with anything. Now SWG are a completely different matter - expensive tat:thumbd:

14. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Bought crystal clear indicators from them a few years back.
    Didn't fit, had to bend part of the bumper iron out of the way to get them in.
    Took about 2 months for them to get that ignored fish pond half full of dirty water look.

15. driver Forum Member

So who should we buy from then lol? I've not bought anything for mine yet so I've been warned before I do. But I'd like to know who people recommend...

16. Trinity Forum Member

ive had no problems with performance solutions and they always give you a discount if you haggle :) Venom sent me fogs that filled up with water overnight, and wouldnt give a refund :( its best to buy parts at shows as then you get to see the quality before you fit them, and ifs its small stuff, you can try and fit it in the carpark before you go! this is where volksbits has been caught out heheh :)

17. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Glad I just happened to go through this part of the forum!

I ordered a new door strip for my 16v back in March and the parcel force man made my day when he turned up. Just the idiot then backed his van with a metal step on the back into my prized dub! Insurance is still trying to sort the mess out, but with the realisation they may write off my car due to repair cost of the body work and paint, which was previously immaculate (need new wing, bonnet, door, bumper, G60 arch) I have started shopping around to see if I can buy myself the parts needed should I have to buy my car back from the insurers. Was going to buy the bits from Voksbits as the prices seemed very good, but having read what people have said on here I intend to stay well clear of them!!

18. kirby Forum Junkie

I've bought a few bit from them as they are local and never had a problem.

19. Fac51

Fac51 New Member

ha ha hilarious ... sorry about the grill tho

20. DAVE 2227 Forum Junkie

I won a gearknob in some VW magazine about ten years ago which was supplied by Volksbits for some witty comment about knobs IIRC.
    Don`t quite know where this post is going but I sold it on eBay for a vast profit not so long ago,coming to think of it anything was a profit.
    Anyway it was cr@p,that`s what I was coming around to saying.