Volkswagen Racing Re-Maps

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by PAB, Jan 11, 2009.

1. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

Been talking to Volkswagon Racing at the Autosports show today about mapping my Mk5 GTI, has anybody had any experience with them and anything to report??

Thanks Philip.

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

They've got a Mk5 GTI conversion - red car at the Autosport show. 300+ brake I hear....

3. PAB

PAB CGTI Regional Host

Yes so the lady on the stand was saying (her car), got the general vibe from her that they are confident in the software they use.

However I also got the feeling the dyno they use is a bit optimistic, she told me that they map delivery mileage cars with no problem (Ottenger will not re-map new cars with less than 2000 miles on them) and that on the pre re-map power run std 200ps GTIs are making 220 - 225BHP!! "They all do, VW just publish that 200ps power figure" was her phrase... also said all maps are pretty much bespoke to each car and final power would be approx 250 - 260BHP, left me wondering how much Show Talk she could get away with telling me.

Just wondered if anybody had used them?

Oh yeah, also said Warranty is not effected as its VW Racing map on a VW car and only the ECU is altered not the engine. Left me with too many questions....

4. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

they probably do turn out higher outputs than standard figures, they are published at certain levels to keep the 'group' happy. ie MK4 Golf was 150 whilst an A3 1.8T was 180...

5. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

My girlfriend has an Edition 30 - rated at 230ps from VAG - At Stealth it was something like 260bhp stock.. it was mentioned that it's because the Edition 30 uses the S3 engine blah blah.

However, since been on a Dyno Dynamics RR with other mk5s at JKM in Portsmouth on the same day and it was 227bhp = 230ps, Remapped Edition 30s were 270bhp ish, remapped 200ps mk5 GTIs were 230ish...

Dyno lottery