Vr6 chin spoiler which ones best?

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by whitty, Dec 7, 2009.

1. whitty New Member

Hi guys I want to fit the deeper vr6 chin spoiler to the front bumper of my mk3 gti there seems to be loads of sellers on eBay ranging from 20-40 delivered before I order one is there any that fit better than others?

2. nickh89GTi Forum Member

Give GPC VW/Audi a try, i think they charge around 30 for a genuine VW VR6 Spoiler. Ebay ones are usually rubbish and if you are low then they smash/snap easily. Whereas the genuine ones are more flexible. HTH

3. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

After buying maybe three of these from different sellers I can only offer one peice of advice: go buy a genuine item. You are throwing your cash away otherwise.

The genuine item is a perfect fit and is less brittle than the copy items which tend to smash v easily. In addition the copy items may require trimming or heating of the retaining tabs in order to facilitate the clippping to the bumper. PITA!

^^Beat me to it :lol:

4. whitty New Member

Thanks guy's I'll nip into the dealers don't suppose any of you know the part no's my dealer ain't that cracky

5. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Part no.s are; 1H6 805 903 A (l/h side) and 1H6 805 904 A (r/h side)

6. whitty New Member

thankyou

7. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I got an aftermarket one for the cabrio, took me hours to modify it to fit perfect then it shattered on the first drive when I gently rubbed over some rough ground.

I thought a gen one from the dealers would be $$$

8. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

About 30 for each side IIRC.

9. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

hmmm moderately pricey but knowing how much of a beating my old vag mk2 splitter could take its a worth while investment.

10. James W

James W Motorsport Moderator

I got one off ebay over a year ago & it fitted without any modding. It didn't fit as well as a OEM but it looked OK & it was cheap.

Ebay Link

[​IMG]

11. whitty New Member

see that'swhat i a m thinking my golf is standard hieght and will never be "uber" low so i could have 3 cheap ones for the cost of 1 genuine one the question being is will i manage to destroy 3 !!

12. azur Forum Member

guy at vw refused to sell me one a while back.... ordered it while buying stuff for my 16v and he said they had stopped making them

arsehole

13. vwcab98 New Member

Had german and Swedish one 20.85 each side turned in garage broke edge replaced and snapped on ridge snow only 2days old poor plastic or just bad luck just ordered one from volksbits see what's like. If feels cheap then breakers for proper german item.[xx(]

14. The db

The db Forum Junkie

I got a crap one off e-bay which was branded going faster or something. The fit was aweful so I had to screw it on at each corner near each wheel. First speed bump I went a little too low over and it tore to shreds :lol: (speed bump 1 golf 0).

I've now got a JOM look one off e-bay from Volksbits for 25 (free postage) and the fit/look is spot on! Sod paying 20+ for each half - what a rip off!

Link is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VR6-style-Chi...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53def493c2

15. Nav16v Paid Member Paid Member

Does anyone do the American spec front splitter.