VR6 no spark please help.

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by MNZ, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MNZ

MNZ Forum Member

Right I had my VR6 engine running in my MK2, I changed shells and have transferred everything as it was in my old shell.

It won't start now and I have no spark. I have probed the coil pack and getting no fire signals to coil from ECU, check wiring to ECU is good.

My G28 speed sensor tests ok by resistance but I know this doesn't always mean it is good.

I have noticed that when cranking I get no rev counter output on dash display.

I have also VAGCOM scanned it and when trying to start I get no RPM signal in measured values.

Is it just bad luck that it ran before and doesn't now??????????

2. develeski Forum Member

Did you connect up the single red (could poss be red yellow cant remember) wire to 12+ at the rear of the fuse box on the engine loom obd1. This is the ecu 12v supply. Without it you have no ecu power to do anything.

Also relay position 3 109 for vr6 ecu. did you swop that??

If its obd2, did you swop over the transponder & coil and use matching key?

3. MNZ

MNZ Forum Member

It is OBD2 and it was running in the MK2 I pulled it from with transponder and key yes.

I have lost all hope.

Now I have tried a new ECU, crank sensor and coilpack........ I am at a loss.

4. AjVR Forum Member

Are the injectors firing ? Definatly have power in the ecu ?

5. greenvr6 New Member

I was in the same boat it is so frustrating , I have done every thing to mine had the red wire with the big yellow plug out put that in and got rid of two fault codes , just a long shot but when I put the big round plug together for the engine loom some of the contacts must have been bad , I pulled them apart sprayed WD40 on them and got rid of two fault codes simple job but worth a try !

I have sent my ecu and imb box away to have the imb taken off now just to get the car running !