vr6 on motorbike throttle bodies

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by RyanMac, May 27, 2011.

1. RyanMac Forum Member

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has done this conversion or has pictures of one.....

I have a spare 2.9 vr6 head that I plan to get p&p along with a set of cams that I will be getting reprofiled. I also plan to run it on megasquirt and change a few other things(gearbox and flywheel)so think I would like to run it on motorbike throttle bodies .

I know people will say go turbo(lots of internal work) or supercharger(issues with space in bay) I want something that will give better throttle response ohh and the noise:lol:

Cheers

Ryan

2. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

E36 m3 bodies or skyline ones might be a better start, I had a thread on the subject already so have a search. Grant motorsport did a itb kit for vr6s so worth looking at for ideas aswell.

3. RyanMac Forum Member

I did have a look at m3 ones but they all start at roughly 250 and the skyline ones are about 150 whereas motorbike ones are a bit cheaper.

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

`Big Ron` Huizer`s Mk1; probably the most well known ITB`d VR;

[​IMG]

And the other `famous` one (in a Vento, and the guy`s name escapes me...)

[​IMG]

Both of them sound beautiful... ;)

5. RyanMac Forum Member

Big Rons is nice and I have seen the video of Gareths on youtube and it sounds awesome.

I have found a few sets of m3 throttle bodies now and started watching them on ebay. I also managed to buy a lower inlet manifold section for the vr6 so it will just be a case of mating them together some how.