VR6 turbo & megasquirt

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by luacgt1, Aug 29, 2014.

1. luacgt1

luacgt1 Forum Member

Ok im used to 4 cylinders generally and the lower prices that come with them lol. I have had great fun with my MK2 VR since i converted it 6 months ago but i now want more as we all do at some point. Engine specs and turbo i know where im going but managment is evading me, i usually use Omex 600 on 16v conversions iv done but its not compatible with the big 6 and the next ecu up is considerably more expensive. Iv played with megasquirt before but soon tired of the fiddly bits between buying it and mapping it so can anybody point me in the direction of someone/somewhere that could supply an ecu ready to go i want to retain my standard loom so will make a patch loom to couple the two.

The engine is the later type AAA with the plastic rocker cover and obd 2 diagnostics from a 1997 car.

Cheers in advance.

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Just run the factory M3.8.1 ECU and get Stealth or United Motorsports to make you a new calibration via the Eprom chip.

3. luacgt1

luacgt1 Forum Member

In all honesty id like access to it as the car will hopefully develop over the coming years and i dont want to rely/pay someone every time i change injectors, turbo, cams or whatever i decide to change. I have seen the work you have done with the M3.8.1 ecu and was suitably impressed, but lack of definition/xml files would hold me back on this route hence why i though Megasquirt would be a relatively cheap and painless way to remap at will.

4. luacgt1

luacgt1 Forum Member

much apreciated and are you the same cerips from mk2vr6.com ?