vr6 turbo

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by iow_golfgti, Apr 18, 2005.

1. iow_golfgti Forum Member

hello want to soon change my trusty 8valver for something a little quicker but want to know how many mk3 vr's have been turbo'ed and what kind of gains will you get and also who does it? cheers andy

2. Dub20vt Forum Member

awesome did a very well known purple mk2 with a turbo'd VR in it (check members car pics section) and that was 320bhp but the owner has recently upgraded the turbo.

3. VR6T

VR6T Forum Member

Get saving now and you should be able to afford one by 2010

4. Macca Forum Member

I havent done it myself but ive spoken to a few people and i think its fair to say its an expensive route to go down!

Its fairly rarely done in the UK, places that do do it can create a sort of one off kit for you, but there are no 'tried and tested' kits im aware of. There are some established US kits available, but they will not fit RHD UK cars without a couple of grands worth of modifications.

Stealth racing did do a kit, but i remember hearing they no longer offer it as its too much hassle. Designa dubs offer a kit, in fact theres a nearly finished VR6 turbo in a rallye up for sale, the owner has run out of cash as i understand!

If it was me id look at superchargers for the VR6. Its way more common cos its cheaper and perceived as less hassle as there are some great bolt on kits for UK cars. Check out www.vr6oc.com for more info.

5. iow_golfgti Forum Member

cheers lads will have a think!

6. b'locks Forum Addict

Supercharger is the way to go unless you're loaded. Buy the kit from the states.

7. gti8v Forum Member

ask here www.vr6oc.com

someone(vrmonster) has just done it... hth..tbh ;)

8. VR6Will Forum Member

9. rajmirch Forum Member

I can supply a VR6 Turbo kit pm me for detaisl!!! ;)

10. rick1.8t Forum Member

So can eip ;)

11. sundodger Forum Member

Does this suit right hand drive cars?

12. evozippy Forum Member

Whats the difference between lhd and rhd kits? the engine is in the same place!
    I thought turbo kits where cheaper than supercharger kits, like half the price in the states..

13. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

I think the main difference is in relation between where the turbo is located and where the brake servo, so there are rhd and lhd manifolds, whereby the flange is biased towards one side or the other depending on where the servo is. If you go to a remote brake setup then you can use the lhd kits - I think?

14. Killa New Member

we're developing an affordable turbo kit, it'll have a custom exhaust manifold, downpipe, nice FMIC, injectors and the chip to controll them. This kit should be out later this year and should be good for around 400whp via hard hitting T3/T4 or a striaght T04.

Keep in mind that this kit will not be in any way, shape or form inferior to the other turbo kits, our main goal here is to sell quaility products, not rip anyone off.

Paul

15. Rallye Forum Junkie

3500 is a lot for a collection of bits that wouldnt even total half that if
    imported. $6380 goes a long way

16. veedubber Forum Member

i thought exactley the same... that price who would bother, when the kit can be got from the US for a hell of a lot cheaper!
    Why does the UK mark up have to be so big

stef