VW Dealers- Parts service!

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by mk28vICED, Aug 3, 2007.

1. mk28vICED Forum Member

still havent got the parts! damn wayside vw! better be today. need pressure plate bolts to finish bolting pressure plate on, then clutch and flywheel.
    will not use that dealership without the part no. in future!
    where can i get ETKA?!

as for the paint, halfords VW alpine white is no where near white enough for my mk2 which has L90E on the service docs.
    the halfords stuff is proper cream compared to my car. we think the car's been resprayed a different white.
    vw candy white is too grey also...
    just sprayed the engine bay in BMW alpine white, much whiter than any vw white but wont see how different it is till i remove the tape!!! looks goodish match. my mate reckons its ford diamond white? or something...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  2. golfgtd Forum Member

Ford diamond white is a creamy white compared to other whites. the alpine white tends to go a different shade, as I experienced with my mk3 which became multi coloured thanks to the white fading

3. mk28vICED Forum Member

had to do to vw again! they hadn't even ordered my parts! sat with the bloke and trawled ETKA, sorted in 10 mins
    he said he'd sort me discount as id had all the fuss...we will see when i pay tomorrow. hopefully because otherwise its 12 for 6 pressure plate bolts!, 4 green end cap, 2 dipstick holder, 1 speeodo seal, 1 water pump bolt, 2 x fuel rail bolts, 1. FPR screw 50p!
    the fuel hose is actually 037 133 988 A, was 10 something now switched to 30 odd replacement part! help! still need to sorce some! they had some in a smaller diameter but thats all!

4. lufbramatt Forum Member

dont forget www.vagcat.com for parts numbers, you have to register but its free and is essentially the same as etka, all the diagrams are the same, ive got loads of part numbers off there and the blokey is always well impressed and gives me 10% off for saving him the hassle.

thats at Beadles in Aylesford, kent, prob not much help for you but hes always been really friendly and ordered the parts in for next day pickup. never had any probs. I reckon he must have an old dub at home or something.

5. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Hi - if you haven't found a helpful dealer yet I can highly recommend Vindis. They are in St Ives (Cambs) which is not too far from you if you are desperate and they have a body shop along the A14 at Swavesey. There's nothing worse than a parts "person" who is uncooperative. I have parts for my 89 GTi the next day usually. If you do decide to contact them make sure you speak to Andy Betts, he is the only one who knows what he is doing and knows Golfs inside out. They may ask for payment upon ordering if they don't know you. If you want paint I am sure the body shop could oblige if you gave them your chassis number, they are about 5 miles away from the main dealer.