Vw Vento knowledge

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by shipleym701, Jan 16, 2011.

1. shipleym701 Forum Member

Hi all.
    Not been on here for ages since i sold the Mk2 but i got hold of a Mk3 Vento Tdi as a daily yesterday so am back in the swing of things. Would just like to ask a couple of stupid questions! :thumbup:

1. Suspension setup wise, is it exactly the same as a mk3 golf? would coilovers be interchangeable for example?

2.Are there any major differences I should be aware of between the mk3 golf and this (other than the massive **** obviously!)? Dont want to go in guns blazing and find out its all completely different!

3. Anyone breaking one as i need a passenger tail light if pos!

Cheers guys and its good to be back on here finally! lol
    Marcus

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Welcome back!

1) Same as a Golf at the front, but the back may have heavier springs / damping

2) Same

3) Check classifieds

3. shipleym701 Forum Member

Ah wicked, cheers mate.

Hmmm... spose it means I have to choose betwen cheapy coilovers or the correct loadings etc.
    Its not going to be a handling demon so not too fussed, may well just got with the coilies.

Thats good to know everything is the same... just got to learn about Mk3s now! lol.

Yeah ive had a look through the classifieds, all the Ventos are from June 10 sort of time! But will keep my eyes peeled. Dont really wanna spend 30quid on ebay jobbies.

Cheers for the reply!