VXR injectors in AGU?

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by daveslp, Aug 7, 2010.

1. daveslp Forum Member

Hi guys,
    Need to know what to get. Dave Walker said I'd need atleast 440cc injectors but that seems huge. Im not planning to go K04 or anything. its got a FMIC and it will be running a good map.
    The BAM 225 has 386cc injectors, will they fit my rail and wiring??

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  2. turbotommy Forum Member

3. daveslp Forum Member

short and sweet there tommy:p What do you recomend?

4. turbotommy Forum Member

Its the injector seats and distance to the fuel rail that are different.
    Saab red tops fit straight in (part number 0280 150 431) and flow 360cc ish @ 3bar ,also high imp as needed
    Depending on which site you get the info from,standard K03s engines run injectors ranging from 280cc to 317cc @3 bar as standard,so the Saab jobbies should be fine for the power capabilities of that turbo IMHO.
    As said this is just my opinion but i do know someone who runs the above with NO problems (standard AUM inectors that is) and it goes VERY well indeed. i have fitted 386cc's (APX injectors) to my K04 turbo and its not them that i'm worried about,(More the rods)
    440's seem a bit over kill,but i am no expert (even using the overall flow 80% rule)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  5. vwd40 Forum Member

You don't need to change, I'm running an AGU with the std AGU injectors and a K03s, 230bhp and the AFR is spot on.

6. daveslp Forum Member

thanks for the info.
    Those saab reds can be bought really cheap so I might consider them. these are rated at 360cc at 3bar, then what will they flow at 4bar? Dave Walker also said that the 4 bar regulator is necessary which leads me to my next question is about fuel pressure.
    There is a 3bar regulator fitted, should this be changed for the 4bar one?
    I have fitted the VR6 tank and pump so I worry about over fueling a bit... I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator with a pressure gauge on it, is there any advantage of fitting this? I'd then have to remove the stock regulator??
    Have any of ye used the emerald ECU setup on the 20vt? I don't have the standard stuff and I'm not going with Qpeng-not happening!
    thanks

7. vwd40 Forum Member

You don't need to change for your engine / turbo setup!!!

8. daveslp Forum Member

ok, I think I just like reasons to buy upgrades though:lol: I should really stop!
    So do you have the 4bar FPR or the standard 3bar? or did you use an adjustable? What fuel pump are you using?
    thanks

9. bens_cab Forum Junkie

i run a 4bar with standard injectors and ko3s yet to be mapped but at the moment it seems to fly around nicley hoping for 240 with boost controller if i dont get near that then ill go for the saab redtops to

10. vwd40 Forum Member

Standard 3 bar FPR, standard Mk2 pumps too.

11. daveslp Forum Member

Hi guys, I need to revive this a little.
    Ive sourced 470cc injectors from a VXR Astra. They were bought new and used for a week so I can get em for €40!

The length between washers is perfect with the old ones, as is the wiring connection. the body is slightly different though and I would need to file down a raised shoulder to make them fit the manifold.

Before I do this, can someone confirm if they'l work ok? they have 4 holes instead of the standard 2 holes in the nozzle. thanks!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  12. turbotommy Forum Member

Lots of people use both Saab & VXR injectors in the red top valvers so i think they'll fit ok.
    Later 20v injectors have 4 holes also.
    If you can get them for 40 Euro's just buy them as i'm sure you could sell them for more than that if they don't work out for you.

13. vwd40 Forum Member

Don't forget 20V injectors have a spray specific for the 3v inlet.

14. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

For the AGU you need EV1 type injectors to fit between OE rail and injector boss.
    AGU injectors are fine with a 'K03' type turbo right up to the redline.
    If a 'KO3S' turbo is installed, you will need to run at least AUM/AUQ injectors 315cc/min. At a boost pressure of 1.2bar peak@3800rpm you may be fine but as the revs rise your AFRs will start to lean out, with injector opening approching 95% +. If this is a KO3s application then I agree with Mr Walker that a 4bar regulator will help increase fuel flow to achieve 250bhp in theory. You will not achieve this with this engine spec as the turbo and engine simply does not breathe past 6000rpm.
    Larger injectors are not needed but can be made to work with no issues. I have mapped an APY 210PS 20v engine with 440cc green things on a 3bar FPR and though the spray pattern is not ideal for the inlet it will still deliver the fuel to achieve desired lambda at around 70% duty@6000rpm and 1.3bar peak.
    Emerald with a 20v is as good as the other main alpha-N ecu with pressure compensation on sale out there. The lastest K3 software is good as you can create and store 3 maps ( e.g. different boost levels).

15. daveslp Forum Member

Big thanks lads

I filled down the shoulder mentioned previous and they fit like a glove!

Toyotech- thanks for the details.Yes, Ive always been impressed with Walker's work so I was cautious to question him a bit. They've moved onto the K6 now which is waterproof, has onboard memory for datalogging and a 32-bit PowerPC processor and more other upgrades. Seems like good value and ive gotton alot of good support and answers along the way. Leoni is a bit of a Dub nut too! so he's passed on good info.
    Getting close now