Want to replace mk2 16v kjet fuel lines

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Dennis10, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

As in title, I want to replace all the mk2 16v kjet fuel lines with complete braided hoses if this is possible?

I did search and in an old thread it was mentioned that it probably wasn't possible because no one makes bespoke kits.

Has this changed? It seems unlikely to me, that it isnt possible to fabricate my own set of braided lines with connectors, where there is a will there is a way, surely?! :)

The connectors on the metering head side of things look quite unique (sort of circular with a securing nut on top?) What are these called? I tried to search for replacement ends so I could maybe attach them to braided lines, but don't know the term/name to search for.

Injector side, what is the thread size on the injectors themselves? Is it possible to get fittings for that side of things?

Ideally I want completely flexible fuel lines, really to tidy it all up and refresh the very worn looking parts.

I suppose failing that I could disconnect all the fixed lines and sand them down and paint.. but would rather swap to flexis

I have a 1989 16v GTI by the way, right on the cusp of when parts differed, which is helpful!

2. geordiegar Forum Member

Check out HEL in the traders section Dennis. Not braided but look really good quality and I'm gonna have a set shortly myself.

3. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Cheers Gary!

Those Hel units look really good, my only gripe is the price.. I want to be really frugal with the budget on this mk2, think about each purchase carefully before I go ahead with it.

Is it possible to fabricate my own for cheaper? A set of appropriate sized banjo connections, some braided hose, then the right sized lock nuts on the end for the injector side..?

Just need to know the correct sizes/fitment, anyone have an idea?

If it comes to it I will consider the Hel ones, but if I can do it for cheaper, I'd prefer to do it that way!

4. Dormeister Forum Member

Injector thread size is 6L. Its a standard hydraulic fitting IIRC, probably available from ebay if you hunt. On the metering head, the banjo's are 8mm, with I think 8x1mm bolts. I cant remember what the thread sizes are for the WUR, and the 5th injector, but I think that they are 10mm banjos.

5. Dennis10

Dennis10 Forum Member

Brilliant, that's something to go on. Much appreciated! :thumbup: