WARNING! Contains rant about **** insurance body shops

Discussion in 'Fox/Lupo/Polo' started by Lhasa2008, May 26, 2011.

1. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

Following an accident where some old git drove onto a roundabout into the door of my missus Polo, she collected her Polo this evening from the Insurance approval local body shop.

This is the damage before, as you can see damage just to the door.
    Note: This is Black Magic Pearl Effect. :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

After checking the repair (which just needed a new door) the garage took it upon themselves to COMPLETELY respray the ENTIRE side of the car, INCLUDE the f****g A pillar, entire n/s roof line, rear quarter and C pillar all in a **FLAT non pearl effect paint.**

[:x][:x] What a bunch of **$%$%

oh, and as the door mirror and rear bumper is still in the original pearl effect it looks a complete joke and now makes the car look like it's been in a much more serious accident.

What a complete mess, even the new door and door trim isn't level. I now have the pleasure of taking the car back in the morning to complain.

Any advice? I've already phoned the insurance company, who just told me to contact the garage direct.

What's the likelyhood that the garage

a) won't repair the damage they have done?

b) make it even worse?

c) or even respray the rest of the car to make THEIR paint colour?

[8(]

Is there such a thing as a body shop that takes pride in the work they do? Is that too much to ask?

RANT OVER!

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

That`s pretty f*cking shocking...

Pound to a pinch of sh*t they sprayed the new door with the wrong colour, saw there was a colour match issue, so sprayed that whole side thinking you wouldn`t notice. It`s amazing how many wouldn`t, or would be fobbed off with some excuse if they did.

Personally, I wouldn`t go schizo just yet. Take it back, and point out their mistake politely. If they will repair it correctly without fuss, then all good (but I`d want some compensation; say the entire car sprayed...).

If not...time to get serious...

3. DC75

DC75 Forum Member

take absolutely no crap from these cowboys, your job has not been fixed to its orignal spec and needs doing properly, if the bodyshop have a problem with this then get on to your insurance for another approved shop and make sure they dont get paid, the accident was not your fault and you should not have to suffer, good luck and dont lose your rag.

4. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

Thanks. It's very difficult not to go in shouting the odds.

Iwouldn't trust them to respray the entire car though! I've found that they have damaged the door mirror (which wasn't damaged before it went in for repair!), door and door trim isn't level, interior trim doesn't fit correctly.. and there are run marks on the door handle [:^(]

5. Admin Guest

I think you hav to let them rectify the mistkae then take it from there, not easy when you can see first hand that the first atempt was done by stevie wonder.

6. Lhasa2008 CGTI Regional Host

Here is a pic of the original colour on the bumper (bottom right) - now with scratches along the edge since the 'repair work' and the flat non pearl effect body paint above on the left. [8(]

[​IMG]

7. lard44 Forum Member

Oh jeebus that's a terrible match. The body shop can have no defence for that surely!?!

Good luck getting it sorted-my daiy's in getting a new bumper under insurance, I'm not taking it until I'm 100% happy with the finish!

8. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Yes!!! There is one in Rochdale called Nu-Look Motor Bodies, they are a small family business and would take great pride in all their work. It would be worth a journey there or at least a phone call if your body shop balls yours up again.

9. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

That's a joke and an insult to think you'll even accept that. Name and shame them I say!

10. Mike_H Forum Addict

Serves you right for sending a woman to pick up a car from a garage - if she'd been single, they'd have got away with it. :lol: