WARNING - DO NOT BUY KV52 LEF It's been clocked!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by A.N. Other, Aug 23, 2011.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Found elsewhere. It won't be the last, but avoid it all the same:

[quote='ee_shep]
    I saw this car on autotrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...niversary/radius/60/postcode/bb19lb?logcode=p

Decent mileage and spec so I hpi'd it and went for a look! First glance it looked good and then I popped the bonnet to reveal a tdi lump which was looking rather tired! I was handed the service book which had loads of receipts and I was handed 6 mots which looked very fresh (alarm bells started to ring) and I then had a closer look through the service book.. It was stamped with vw dealership stamps from a dealer in manchester and was consistent with the mileage on the mots. As I looked at the service book I began to notice that there was a feint black blue line on the left side of each page of the service book! I began to suspect that the service book had been copied from another service book which had nothing to do with the car I was looking at.

I decided to check the MOT history out on the VOSA site as I was really suspicious about the car..

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/interne...ry-Request.jsp

The following was revealed

Registration Mark:
    KV52 LEF
    Make of the vehicle:
    VOLKSWAGEN
    Model of the vehicle:
    GOLF
    Test Result:
    Certificate Issued (Pass)
    Colour of the vehicle:
    SILVER
    Date of test:
    23/12/2009
    Expiry date:
    29/12/2010
    Odometer Reading:
    145579 Miles
    VTS undertaking the test:
    VTS telephone number:
    There are later tests for this vehicle under a more recent Test Number.

That was in 2009!!!! The most recent MOT was showing 165000 on vosa but the 'fresh' looking MOT I had in my hand stated it had done 57,000 at the time.

I obviously didn't even test drive it and got back in my car with my cash and drove away.

I know some people will disagree with me showing all the details on here but I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention as somebody will pay the money and think they've got a genuine car. I've only put this on here so if you know anyone who's after one then it goes without saying that this one should be avoided!!!
    [/quote]

2. mk1. Forum Junkie

some models you can check the mileage with vag-com if you go equipped,the downside is sombody will end up buying that car non the wiser[:s]

3. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aye you can see when the servicing was done but only if they do it
    And it can be changed just like the mileage can so not 100%

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

even thats not always accurature all the time either