Wat is my car???? LOL

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by gt_simon, Aug 4, 2009.

1. gt_simon New Member

Few probs lol. right basically bought my car from an independant trader. Was told it was a 130bhp model. Insured as a 130bhp model. Spoken to VW who say my car was originally a 110bhp model. How do i kno which is correct?? Is it obvious? Any help as usual is appreciated. I recon ive been mugged though.

2. nealey Forum Junkie

Do you know the engine code?

Should be on a sticker on the bootfloor or in the front of the service book

3. gt_simon New Member

VSU, but it still comes up on my insurance and stuff as a 130bhp lol. im thinkin its had an engine transfer

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

wouldnt be simple though. 110 = mechanical injection (i think) and 130 is a pd lump

5. gt_simon New Member

How do i tel if its a pd lump lol.

6. James_mk2 Forum Member

What car is it? If it's a mk4 golf is it 5-speed or 6-speed?

7. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

VSU?? cant find that did you mean ASV
    if it is a ASV it is a 110 non pd

as James said which gear box has it
    if it is a pd engined gt tdi it will have a 6 speed gear box

non pd engines AGP,AQM,AGR, ALH,AHF,ASV

pd engines ATD,AJM,AUY, ASZ,ARL

AMJ=115
    ATD=100
    AUY=115
    ASZ=130
    ARL=150

if you remove the engine cover a pd engine has a wide plastic cam cover
    if the cam cover look like a mk2 golf 8v it is non pd
    allso the engine code on pd engines is on the timing belt cover as well

things to look for to tell a pd tdi from a pd gt tdi a gt will have a 6speed box the body well be color coded ie the bump strips
    lether steering wheel gear lever and handbrake lever
    the seats will be same as a gti
    and dont go by the badges on the boot as they mean sweetfa

8. gt_simon New Member

Sorry, its ASV. But its a 2002 '51' pl8. 5speed. Its got all the GTi bits, ie. Colour coed, seats and steering wheel, and also lights. Suppose ive been mugged off then lol

9. James_mk2 Forum Member

If it's 5-speed it's not PD mate, most likely the 110 if it's still GT spec, althought i thought they stopped doing them on about a 'W' when they started doing 115's?

Mine is a 115 but came up as a 130 on some insurers websites it's all a bit of a shambles when it comes to mk4 golf diesels, there are just too many variations!

10. gt_simon New Member

well i spoke to consumer advice, and im now sueing the finanace company as the car has been mis sold to me. I dnt want a poxy 110bhp lol. i want the 130 or 150,

11. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

IT's not on when a trader doesn't know what the's selling, surprised he didn't try to sell it as a 150 gttdi

12. what does it say on the logbook?

13. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

thats aweful. When my cambelt snapped, i went into vauxhall main dealer to talk about a few things, and the guy behind the counter tried telling me that all cdti engine's are 16v's, with the same head.

He argued the point for five minutes, at one point actually saying "i work for vauxhall, im going to know arn't it"...... I made him look at the system, and suprise suprise the 120bhp model has an 8v head. Some people that should know better just dont

14. MK2_GTi_8V New Member

where do you find the engine code for a PB engine?