water injection

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by bens_cab, Aug 12, 2008.

1. bens_cab Forum Junkie

Ok has anyone made there own water injection kits ???

if so what kind of performance gains did you see

2. bertelli_1 Forum Member

Someone's been playing with their megasquirt.......

TBH Ben water injection is only useful for resisting detonation in high boost cars, you may be able to run a little more ignition with it but in my opinion its not really worth it on a road car.

Ant.

3. bens_cab Forum Junkie

thinking more for the strip tbh

im doing the saturday night demo run at vw action so need to get the car into the 13s lol lots of weight loss will be key along with air feed

may even wind the turbo up to 18 psi just for the strip and see how it goes lol

4. KeithMac Forum Junkie

I ran water only Aquamist 1s sytem, 1.0mm jet on the Golf and gained some timing (3 degrees) before hitting knock, was better in the Summer and you could feel the difference.

I run a Shurflow pump on the GTO, port injection supplying 1.25l/min of 75%methanol 25%water mix. This transformed the car, I gained a good 6 degrees of ignition advance and could only run 12psi before but this has gone up to 20psi (at peak load).

Well worth doiong if you take the time to tune for it and a 50/50 mix of water/meth seems to be a good starting point. Most people drag racing run pure meth but a little water is good for in cylinder detonation control (10% to 15% of your fuel by volume.).

5. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

i run and sell Snow Performance kits.
    run one on my ibiza after my aquamist system pump seized.. :(

Snow was better priced, better pump also and wider angle nozzles than aquamist
    controller is MAP or MAP based in same unit with adjustable start injection and max injection points by MAF or MAP signal whichever you prefer.

running 50/50 water meth allowed me to dial in 12 degrees advance which made a significant gain in response & power AND induction temps were cool also.
    Worked very well.

I remember vince said for every 3 degrees of ign advance on mapping dta on 1.8t he saw 10bhp rise.