water leak?

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by azzalee19, Feb 4, 2013.

1. azzalee19 New Member

hi, just wondering if anyone can help.I have a golf mk4 5 door. Sometimes when its been raining theres is water in either of the passengers footwells. cant see where water is comin from, and everywhere seems dry. also the car always feel moist and damp ( and smells like wet dogs ). was thinking about taking the roof lining off?? is there any guides to this on here. Also any guides to remounting windows on to the motors ( my front passengers side, and rear drivers side windows will not move up or down)
    Any help much appreciated.

2. will5001 New Member

I had the same problem in my Octavia mk1 - turned out to be coming through the heating system because the drain hole under the scuttle panel was blocked. If you haven't checked already it's a five minute job and would save you tearing the roof apart...

3. azzalee19 New Member

hi, where is that and how do i check?? thanks

4. whitemk2 Forum Member

Open the bonnet and look towards the back of the engine. you'll see a plastic cover over the wiper motor. you will need to remove the wiper arms and i think 1 torx screw. the plastic cover can then be taken off and youll see the wiper motor , linkage and the pollen filter housing. just remove any debris you see around them. youll also see the drain holes.
    its probably worth taking off the door card to check the membrane/panel for leaks as well

5. rickygolf83 Forum Member