water pump Vbelt pulley

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by REIDO, May 20, 2015.

1. REIDO Forum Member

Aright folks, Looks like I will be needing a new pulley for my water pump. Its the larger inner pulley that runs off the alternator.

Its for a 1990 mk2 GTD, 1.6TD Engine Code SB. Its a power steering model/non aircon.

Part number on it is 068121028. VW dont seem to have any (obsolete) and I cant find any doing my usual searches. Dont seem to be getting anywhere with this not even superseded numbers or cross referenced parts (vw or aftermarket).

The force aint with me today, can anyone help?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

cant find owt either, if it was me id be down the scrappy looking at mk3 golf diesels and strip everythign off one to upgrade yours. I'm assuming it'll all swap over but not 100%. or better yet, full mk3 tdi lump :lol:

3. REIDO Forum Member

Cheers Rubjonny, that looks like its the best option longterm. I think the bracket ect should all bolt up fine.
    Turns out it was water pump bearings that were noisy but that pulley did have a bit of play in it and will need done eventually. Will keep my eye out for a second hand one and see if an engineering shop can rebuild it.
    I am tempted to go down the 1.9tdi route but i am determined to keep original 1.6 and rebuild to 130bhp or 150 if possible.