Weber 40's - some questions.

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by dannyk, Mar 14, 2010.

1. dannyk Forum Member

Hi, i have just bought some weber twin 40's, these are for my KR to go into my mk1. I have read a bit of info regarding carb selection, choke size etc etc and i think i've got the right ones.

Anyway the numbers on the top of the carbs are as follows:

TIPO 40DCOE71
    No. 277

TIPO 40DCOE70
    No. 703

Measured the chokes and they are 34mm which will be fine for the KR.

Now, from what i understand a matched pair would mean the the TIPO numbers should be the same? and the number bellow is just the production number.

If thats the case, will the 70/71 be an issue?

Also with a standard KR with these carbs and a s/s 4 branch, what kind of power/torque would i see?

Not concerned with fuel economy as it's a weekend/track car.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Danny

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  2. pre67 Forum Member

they are mached carbs mate its just one was made b4 the other one it number 1 carb number 2 carb

its like number plates say one was aaaaa1 then the car after that was aaaaa2 if you know what i meen :)

but yours are 70 and then 71

3. EZ does it Forum Member

Really? Isn't that what the serial number does, all the 'matched' carbs I've seen for sale new or old have had the same TIPO number, as it's that that refers to the exact configuration; jetting, chokes, body revision, prog. drillings etc.

If you want to check they are compatible for sure you need to take out all the jets, chokes, aux. venturis and check they are the same. Look around them to see if the bodies are the same. Also, and very importantly take the progression drilling covers off and carefully measure the positions of the drillings, they have to be exactly the same on both carbs or you'll never be able to set the engine up properly!

I have seen a few examples of DCOEs for an engine having sequential TIPOs like yours though, so don't worry yet!

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  4. dannyk Forum Member

Thats was i thought too.

Thanks for the replies, will have a check of all that i can, they cam from a running car so im assuming they are 'matched' as such.