weber carb on!!!! what about strut brace???

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by steve wub, Jun 16, 2007.

1. steve wub New Member

hi guys and gals, just a silly q but now i've got my weber carb on my 1.8 driver (used to be a 1.6 got the bottem end for free, what a touch) had to take my strut brace off cos of heigt/ spacing probs with the carb it don't fit any more, is there anyone else withe the same problem, just to let you no got the strut brace from volksbits if that helps, sorry if i'm asking in the wrong place, any help would be great, i cant be the only one with this problem[:s]

2. bones

bones Paid Member Paid Member

as far as i know there are no strut braces made to cope with the addition of the 32/34dmtl weber. ive hammered mine around tracks and never worried about the brace

3. dave18 Forum Member

Is there a way that you could make a an offset one so it uns behind the airfilter on the dmtl or similar????

4. Barkstar Forum Member

Will the OMP brace specifically for the carb models not fit with the Weber? Can't see why it won't, it's kinked to go round the back of the carb and the Weber isn't any closer to the bulkhead. OMP MA1631. About 50 for www.strutbracer.co.uk.

Barkstar [:*:]

5. steve wub New Member

:) cheers guys, looks like i'll go for the OMP it's the first one i've seen with a bend like that! should do the job

6. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

[​IMG]

change the airbox to a pancake filter .. problem solved