Weber DCNVA idle and timing issues

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by Craigus433, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Craigus433 Paid Member Paid Member

Hey,

Well i bought a golf driver recently which ran fine except for it over fuelled and the timing was advanced and so i decided to clean up the carb while i was waiting for my timing gun to arrive. After stripping it and cleaning the car starting hunting really bad and stalling not firing on all cylinders on idle. I sprayed some butane around the connectionof the carb to inlet to identify leaks and it raised the revs so i assumed it was a leak but i fixed that and yet it still hunts then the timing light arrived so i done the timing best i could but wernt 100% sure on timing setup I just ran it at idle speed and adjusted untill the mark on the flywheel alligned to the tdc so retarded the timing but read reports of it being done at 2k revs on here so am a bit unsure but is fine on accelrationg no stuttering anymore just does not like idling even when warm also on the carb itself there is just 2 mixture adjustment screws which do nothing past 1 turn out and needles are fine and the idle speed screw

Oh and it really struggles to start now as before it started almost insantly

So basically any ideas and sorry for the essay

Cheers Craig

2. Craigus433 Paid Member Paid Member

Fixed it :thumbup: had a vac leak and also the float pin decided to fall out when re assembling which im sure didnt help at all :lol: Just wondering though is it normal to have such a sensitive throttle? I mean i probably have about 15mm of movement till full speed and anythign past that is just noise is this normal at all?

Cheers