Weber DCOE 40's on 8v jetting data required

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by Alfa_Delta, May 3, 2007.

1. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

Hi everyone,

Is anyone here running Weber DCOE 40 carbs on an 1800 8v?

If so, can anyone suggest main jet, air corrector and emulsion tube sizes?

Ideally for running 30mm chokes and 4.5 venturies...

It would help a great deal as I'm looking for "start up" values. I'm also after a manifold for fitting said carbs if anyone's got one lying around.

2. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

I'll try and have a look for you tomorrow and get back to you, if not it maybe after the weekend. Something like an F15 or 16 tube, 125 main and 165 air, will have a proper look though.

3. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

Ah- that sounds good. I'm running F16's at the moment with 172 airs and 130 mains. The car's running a very mild but spikier than standard cam so hopefully what I've got in the carbs at the moment will do for startup :)

Thanks for the help mr h.

4. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

No probs. Yeah that looks fine to start with, should'nt be a million miles off that, a rolling road session will fine tune it from there.

Also, something like a 45-F8 or 50-F8 or F11 would be a good start for the idle jets and 40 pumps. The basic idle setting should have the idle screws 1/2 to 2 turns out... any less and the jets are too rich, any more and they're too weak. The way it drives on light throttle will then dictate if you need to go up or down with the jets.

Last edited: May 8, 2007