Weber DMTR (1.3) installation help required

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by FossMan, Sep 12, 2011.

1. FossMan New Member

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Weber to replace the Pierburg on my 1985 1.3 Golf.

I have the carb on the car now. It starts and idles well on the choke and off it when the engine is warm. On part throttle it runs smoothly however as you press further you can hear it spluttering at the intake. Keep your foot down and there is a lot of popping and banging from the exhaust. On the road it's pretty undrivable as it doesn't accelerate at all. Another weird symptom is that the carb whistles like a boiling kettle when you press the throttle.

When I fitted the carb it also had new HT leads, fuel filter, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm, fuel lines and fuel pump. I also replaced the rubber carb mount and took all the jets out to clean them with carb cleaner.

If anyone has any idea what to do to get it running right I would be very grateful. I've also marked what I believe is the mixture screw. When this is wound right in the idle becomes slightly more lumpy but it never stalls as I expected it would.

So any hints would be useful. I am very much a newbie when it comes to carburettors so I have included some pics to show the setup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]