Weber mounting brackets

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by AxlFoley, Apr 20, 2007.

1. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

My friend has a spare webber for my Driver, but it hasnt got the correct mounting brackets for a Golf, can these be bought seperatly ? its a DMTL.

Thanks

Mark

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Sorry Mark, I fear I may have given you too much 'info' about the 2E2, and made you think it was too much grief!

I think you can indeed buy the flange/adaptor required separately, but don't recall where from. There've been a few similar questions over the few months since I've been 'haunting' ClubGTi, so a search should sort you out, or better yet, someone'll just remember.

:)

3. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

lol

I had a webber on my old Driver, and it gave good power, and was more reliable than the Pierburg, i would love to get this working properly, but i think a Weber is the best option ;)

I'll do the search and see what comes up.

Thanks

Mark

4. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

Just got off the phoe to a dealer, apparently by the time you buy the brackets, you may as well have bought a new carb, and i can get a new one for 195.63!!!

I think im going to have to get one :)

5. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

:lol:

Fair play, the Weber does seem like a good idea for those not totally committed. The reliability point usually comes out a bit unfavourably for the poor old Pierburg, cos the comparison is usually old 2E2 versus new Weber. That said, from what I've seen of the Weber there are a hell of a lot fewer things to go wrong, so they probably are more reliable, even when compared on a level playing field.

We should maybe have a "8v or 16v" code phrase on this new forum for "please don't make glib statements (either way) about which is the better carb" though I am absolutely not accusing you of having done that.

Pete

Edit: sounds like an attractive price, must be + VAT though?

6. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

and i just got a price for fitting, including a rolling road tune for 60 all in!!!

and if i could fit a 8vGTI cam at the same time, im looking at 255 for 8v GTI power!!!

looks like a viable option, what you think?

7. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

'The biting off of hands' springs to mind; don't forget to offer your 'retired' Pierburg on the For Sale Forum on here though.

8. AxlFoley Forum Junkie

lol yeah that price includes VAT!!!

Ive got a Pierberg in my garage, PM me an offer if your inteerested!