Wee bumpered mk2 (now with rh classics)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by eamon1.3, Mar 6, 2007.

1. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Bought it like this
    [​IMG]

And this is her today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Excuse the mucky bike, so far most people think its a 'step back' but wee bumpers are the future!!!
    Hoping for some coilovers for the summer and some new wheels.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  2. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

i see no pictures?[:[]

3. eamon1.3 Forum Member

[:$] Look again

4. Jonny777 Forum Member

Mines got small bumpers! Small bumpers all the way tbh! [:D]
    Jonny.

5. mk2_oxford Forum Member

im thinking bout doing the same as you (see my post in vehicle chat) was it difficult to do and do? and what do i need to get ie brackets etc??? a little guide would be good,

6. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Got a set of second hand bumpers with metal work and all, in theory you just unbolt the 2 bolts at each side holding the bumper on and slide the whole thing out, but you have to support the engine when doing the front as when you take out the bumper bolts the subframe isnt properly suported. And on each wing there is a bracket that the bumpers slide onto, small bumpers use smaller ones so you have to change these, a quid each from gsf.

You might have to get a lower front panel, big bumper cars arent suposed to have one but mine did because it was a small bumper before, though i had t change mine anyway as it was rotten.

I had a bit of trouble getting the back off though, all explained here http://clubgti.net/index.php?showtopic=2650

7. mk2_oxford Forum Member

whats the lower front panel look like? might have to go and investigate to see if mine has it or not

8. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Its the red bit below my bumper, that the spoiler is connected to.

9. mk2_oxford Forum Member

ok just looked and dont think mine has that, does it cover the wings completley?

10. eamon1.3 Forum Member

No it connectes to the wings, if you look at my pics you can see the joints at each corner going down,

11. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Mine has small bumpers.. I think it gives them their own unique look!

12. bob5doors

bob5doors Forum Member

Looks the ticket (as I said;) ):clap:

13. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Cheers bob

14. DHMk2 Forum Member

Small bumpers are the new big bumpers! :thumbup:

15. mk1steve Forum Member

looks good mate :clap:

i have been looking around for small bumpers and they are all scratched to buggery, anyone got some going ?? if so pm me??

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  16. 13"rims Forum Member

my friend bob wants big bumpers for his tidy black Driver i keep trying to tell him small is the future! VW's fastest mk2 the G60 16V had small bumpers so we must all be right!

17. eamon1.3 Forum Member

A pic of my new rimage

[​IMG]

18. paulyb Forum Member

looking good my man like the rims too,.......are they recaros lurking inside as well?

19. eamon1.3 Forum Member

You have a good eye!!

[​IMG]

20. paulyb Forum Member

pure class mate, im a very jealous puppy[:^(]