Weird problem after changing water pipe. Then it fixed itself.

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by tomstickland2, Jun 20, 2009.

1. tomstickland2 New Member

A few nightsd ago I replaced the main water pipe that's bolted to the front of the block. The old pipe had a small crack in it and was seeping slightly.
    In order to replace the pipe I had to unplug a few wires, including the diesel pump and a few sensors. Also a vaccum hose that goes from the vacuum generator on the block (I guess that's what it is) to the exhaust gas recirculation actuator thing.

I put it all back together without any problems.

The next day when I drove off the engine didn't start boosting up at 1,500rpm like it normally does. It was really flat until 2,000rpm when it came to life. I immediately thought that maybe I'd disturbed that vacuum hose. It was a bit annoyed, but wtf, it still went.

After about 15 minutes of driving I noticed that it seemed to have fixed itself.

Any ideas what all that was about?
    Wiring connection? Vacuum leak? Lack of water on the coolant temperature sensor? ECU thinking something was wrong?

2. Supercharged Forum Member

Might have just been some water on the sensor wiring, should have dried out as the engine got to temp - don't worry about it if it's running ok now.

3. tomstickland2 New Member

Good news is that it seems to be running even better today. We changed the clutch yesterday, so it was all taken apart again.