Welding done!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by AndyCEB, Aug 22, 2004.

1. lowrider Forum Member

Why is everyone arguin with each other over a welding job on someone elses car?! [:s]
    I don't see the point of sl@ggin someone elses work off when chances are given the same equipment as them you probably couldn't do any better! I say well done to the man :clap: , its refreshing to see someone getting so involved with their project rather it being a cheque book build. As has been said in a couple of replies, its the final finishing work that you see, not the welding underneath, so provided its strong, the welding does not have to be pretty!
    I have done this job myself and i think he way he's done it is best. if you make the panel flush, and there's even a slight imperfection in it, its harder to hide, whereas this way you can lose it in the filling. And on something as stressed as a door handle, if you just have a very thin skim of filler, it's more prone to cracking than a strong layer