Well hello there!

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by evil-G-nius, Apr 10, 2017.

1. evil-G-nius New Member

Whats going on everyone? I have a 2010 Infiniti G37S coupe and its killing me on my commute. Its a thirsty car and currently I drive about 300 miles a week...my wallet hates me right now. More and more I have been wanting a MK2 GTi and so I figure what better way to search and hopefully find a car that I have loved since a kid than a GTI forum! I have been a fan since forever really, my god sister used to have a 1985 Rabbit GTI and I remember rides to school in that thing. I thought it was one of the coolest cars. So now in my search for a fun commuter/project...here I am. My goal, find a clean 1992 MK2 5 speed I can build my way. Or find a clean VR6 swapped to play with. Either way I am here to learn a little more about the issues that originally plagued these cars (if any) and what to expect from a 25 year old car. Those of you that have em already...color me a little jealous!

Cheers!

2. evil-G-nius New Member

OH...to be clear...I want an MK2 Golf GTI. That was a little unclear from my nostalgic recollection! LoL

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Hello and welcome.

G37S will be very comfortable bare in mind!

4. evil-G-nius New Member

It is and I love it! But it is killing me on gas right now. So I want a little Golf for my commute and weekly fun and keep my coupe for the weekends