Well hi there

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by katyh13, Jul 18, 2015.

1. katyh13 New Member

I think I've been a member of this forum way back when, through various times of desperately needing assistance with my car.
    Alas now I am looking to sell my MK2 golf GTi I've had since 2007 so thought one of the best places to find a home for him is a place where people actually appreciate them.

So here I am. I have a 1.8 16V MK2 Golf GTi big bumper in Helios Blue, called Toast. As I said I've had him since 2007 and literally has been the best car I've ever had, even though he's swallowed my time and money more than my daughter ever has. The car's had a full respray, full engine rebuild, full gearbox refurb but has been in the garage for the past 2 years. I've been biased to Volkswagens for years and it's continued as I've worked for the company for 3 years now!

Here's some glory pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome back to Club GTI :thumbup:

Good luck with the sale, what are you replacing it with?

3. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

4. katyh13 New Member

To be honest, he's my second car. I work for VW in sales so get a company car so the golf honestly hasn't been used for about 2 years and has been SORN'd for that time. You guys know what these cars are like, they need to be driven and used as they're too good to be sat in a garage.
    We're currently a household of 3 cars, 2 bikes, a toddler and another baby on the way so something's got to give somewhere and it's my car. I'm absolutely gutted to be getting rid as I've had it for 8 years, but needs must I suppose. :cry:

5. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Tis so sad :cry: .... and it just looks like something right off edition 38 [8D] has to be worth strong money :thumbup:
    Good luck with the sale :)

6. katyh13 New Member

Thanks,

I'm going to be terrible whenever someone comes to see him. I'll be like... what's your garage like? Do you have any other cars? Do you drive them all equally? What's your cleaning regime like?

7. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Not for sale in Leicestershire the pain of seeing it about :(

8. katyh13 New Member

dear god I hadn't even thought about that. My parameters need to get stricter I think!