Went to see the A3

Discussion in 'Audi/SEAT/Skoda Chat' started by bula_82, May 25, 2006.

1. bula_82 Forum Junkie

Right,

Went to see the A3 last night, my brother in law's mate works for Audi so between him and my trusty sources on here ;) , I had a whole list of things to look for.

Well, drove it, inspected it and gonna buy it [:D] (on the condition it doesnt sell it before my dad calls him today [:|] )

Its had 2 owners, the last one was female and she's now heavily pregnant so doubt she ragged it at all tbh. :)

Every service has been done at a main Audi dealer barr one from a few years ago. :thumbup:

The only thing that is now concerning me is that when I went to check how much the insurance will be, I gave them the reg, they told me it was a 5 door :planet: and im not even sure they had it as a 1.8t sport... the bloke at the insurance place told me is probably just as they had the plates registered to another car before. Whats the likey hood of this, should I be concerned? [:[] [:s]

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  2. damogti Forum Junkie

You got a copy of the ad or was it the one you sent me the link of the other day? [:[]

3. bula_82 Forum Junkie

The one I sent you the other day [:D]

4. Seraph Banned

get it hpi'd

5. damogti Forum Junkie

^^^

Thast a must if you definately go for it.... costs 35 iirc....

6. bula_82 Forum Junkie

The brother in law's mate works for an Audi dealership and says there is something he can check. :)

They had a report of the HPI when we got there yesterday when we got there, is there anyway they can 'fiddle' this? [:s]

7. vrooooom Forum Member

Its your money your parting with, so always get your own hpi done.
    If the plates been swapped, then you really need to check the chassis and engine number carefully as well as the v5c carefully.