Went to see this today. Pistonheads car to avoid.

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by seanr68, Jun 4, 2010.

1. seanr68 Forum Member

Today i made a 3hour train journey to Barrow in furness to see this: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1765273.htm
    Dont want anyone else to be conned into thinking its a bargain, because its not.
    Firstly it was advertised as a Mk2 16v in good condition with full mot and tax.
    I asked the lad if it had any welding done. He said "no". Biggest load of bullocks i've ever heard. Its a proper ****ter. God only knows how it got an MOT but the fact his dad is a mechanic may go some way to explaining that!
    Firstly its plated like no other underneath, and then its not been sealed so its just rusted again. Then to my utter surprise, its not even a 16v!!
    The guy was adament it was. I told him it was an 8v and he didn't seem to want to believe me....hey ho.
    Tha crossmember is rotting away nicely, water bottle hanging off, engine has more oil on the outside than inside.
    The most deceptive ad i've seen in a long while.
    Since my visit the ad has been amended and price lowered but, it still doesn't tell you how much of a ****ter it is sooo, i thought i'd give fellow members a heads up so you dont waste your time as i have today.
    Its a 300 car at tops.

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

It'd break fairly well, but that's hardly the point. Sorry you had a wasted trip.

3. seanr68 Forum Member

I pointed out to him that its good for breaking. He wasn't impressed.
    Thanks for putting in correct forum Mike.:thumbup:

4. Charge New Member

It looks ok from the ****ty pictures. Guess you can never know.

5. jonk710

jonk710 Forum Member

I had been to see a car from Pistonheads a while back, advertised as a cracking car with outstanding performance, one of the best mk2's etc etc.

Took an 2hr drive to see it and was totally disapointed. Stank of petrol inside, was just manky all over and rust everywhere.

The lad was telling me how easy it was to get onto 3 wheels going round corners blah blah blah.

Gave him some advise, went home and reported the advert to Pistonheads

6. mk216vrick Forum Member

now withdrawn!