Wet drivers carpet.water entry points?.

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by mrglee, Jan 14, 2018.

1. mrglee Forum Member

Just had a check over and found the drivers carpet wet.what are the usual entry points?.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

usual suspect would be rain barrier behind the door card

3. BISSONE Forum Member

Wierdest 1 Ive ever had was from the door loom plugs, were they screw onto the A pillar plug mine wasnt on all the way and water was leaking in. So would check that as it has arrows on it.
    Also another common 1 is front sunroof drain holes get bunged up on the ends where they come out of A pillar and as the pipe is plastic and ends are rubber there just a push rit and once the end is blocked it easily overflows into the footwells.

4. mrglee Forum Member

Just an update sunroof drain on drivers side was blocked now clear and the rubber loom boot on drivers a-post had come adrift at the top now all sorted and have dry carpets again many thanks

5. paulm2322

paulm2322 Paid Member Paid Member

I unlocked sunroof drains and rear drains too. Also found perished rubber bungs on floor pan. Changed all these and my colour concept has been dry since. If problem happens again, check underneath of car for condition of floor bungs.