Wet Floor.

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Andy P, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Andy P Forum Member

Not actually on a golf, but on my bora. I asked the question in the bora section but i didnt get much response.

I seem to be getting a LOT of water coming in the rear footwell. Ive removed the carpets and found 3" of water in the back. I removed the pollen filter housing and replaced the seal with lots of silicone yesterday. The seal looked ok but i replaced it anyway.

I thought that would nail it....obviously not. More water in the back. Its not coming in through the door cards or seals. It seems to be coming in from the bulkhead end and weaping in behind the large black plate which is bolted in from the engine bay side.

Has anybody else come across this?

Ive got more water in the bottom of my car than in the bottom of my toilet. :lol:

Thanks

2. DAZTDGTI Forum Member

Hi there check the bulk head drain to see if its not blocked Audi and VW are prone for this and if the drain blocks up the only place the water will go is inside the vehicle ok

3. Andy P Forum Member

Is that the one at the top underneath the scuttle? It was blocked. Its leaking from more than one place. Both N/S door cards and it seems to be tracking down the bulkhead and coming in the plate for the left hand drive steering column etc

4. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

Do you have a sunroof? if so the tray darin pipes maybe blocked! - this happened to mine.. simple pinch the end of the pipe in the door hinge of front doors for the load of water and crap to come out... the rear ones can be found under the car at the rear.

5. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

Also if you have a sun roof, if you've had the windsreen replaced, they may have dislodged the above pipes, which happened to my Golf. It's easy to fix, just drop the roof lining on that side, and reconnect.

6. Andy P Forum Member

No sunroof boys. The windscreen was replaced in April. Strangely the windscreen cracked yesterday so autoglass are putting a new one in. Maybe it wasn't sealed right before?
    Other than that I can't think of anything it might be?

7. Andy P Forum Member

Bump on this. Had the windscreen replaced this week so I done another test with the hosepipe. Water is still coming in on both sides now.

Cheers

8. PAUL GTI

PAUL GTI Forum Member

i had this on my old audi a3 turn out to be the a blocked pipe at the rear of the car. byethe sound of it its got to be a blocked pipe somewhere or a rubber seal.

9. Andy P Forum Member

Hmm not sure on that. Its definately coming in through the scuttle somewhere. I may have to take it to VW!!!!!

10. antonyg1 New Member

Same thing has happened to me mate, follow your bonnet release cable to under your windscreen, i bet your rubber bung has come off or perished. water runs down the cable falls in your front footwell and then drains to the rear one.

took me ages and loads of towels to find. good luck!!

11. Andy P Forum Member

Cheers for that mate. I'll give it a look. It's ok when parking it downhill. So maybe that's the answer ;)