What alarm is this?

Discussion in 'Security' started by flatfourfun, Oct 29, 2004.

1. flatfourfun Forum Member

Hi, I have a 97 valver, with an alarm. The alarm has the part number 998 VAG 150 writen on it. Does antone know the alarm name/manufacturer and model number?

2. short22 New Member

I have just bought a 97 gti with the same alarm but as i do not have a certificate for inst my ins comp want me to fit a new immob have you had this prob,p.s. i have a small booklet which tells you all the settings and commands if you need a copy forward your address.

3. Phil

Phil Forum Member

Possibly a Sigma 900?

4. flatfourfun Forum Member

I have found out through the dealer that the alarm is probably a VW branded Scorpion alarm. He reckoned that it was an expensive option and should be cat1 thatcham!!!! This would be handy as I needed that immob for insurance, but ended up paying alot more for the policy by going to a different company that doesnt require thatcham. "short22" you have a PM for that address.

5. short22 New Member

The model of alarm is a logic 950/951 and it is not thatcham approved only becuse thatcham only recognise 98 onward systems i know becuse i had to fit a new immob today for my insurance.

6. flatfourfun Forum Member

I got the instructions Short22, Thanks very much.

7. MrBen Forum Junkie

Surely the standard immobiliser (chip in key) is Cat 2?

8. short22 New Member

im afraid it isnt if you go on the thatcham website they list every alarm against car manufacturer and it has been deleted. i even phoned volkswagen direct(number on thatcham website)and they told me it is not thatcham approved mostly becuse thatcham standards started in 98 and they hardly recognise any factory systems before that. [:x]