What Alarm?

Discussion in 'Security' started by SpudGun, Mar 15, 2004.

1. SpudGun In Delete Queue

Hi All. Sorry about this, its another noob Q.

Am about to buy a mk3 GTI but it doesnt have an alarm fitted. I have no clue as to prices or manufacturers etc. Can anyone recommend a good value alarm which isnt gonna break the bank but is reliable?Also the best places to get these fitted? (Notts area)

Your replies are most appreciated!Cheers.

2. Mr T Forum Member

Go for either Toad, Laserline, or Sigma. I have found these to be the most reliable over the 5 years i have been fitting alarms!!
    On a mk3 you will need a Cat 1, but most importantly go to a good installation company. The alarm could be the best in the world, but if its installed badly you will never hear the end of it! (literally !)

Try to go to an installer thats recommended to you, even tho mobile fittng companies are convenient you are better of with a workshop based company, as if you do get problems you can go back.

Stud might be able to help you out, I dont know what area he is in [:s]

;)

3. Studweiser Forum Member

croydon. clifford and sigma man me...oh and bit of avital now. bit far from notts though.

4. buzzby Forum Member

If you want a good CAT 1 alarm with no frills get a cliford concept 300. I just had this installed on my MK2. You can add remote start as well if you like.

If you want an alarm that can do a lot of extra's go for the cliford concept 600.

Buzz

5. madmonkey Forum Addict

How much you looking at for a Clifford C 300 fitted? Give or take.

6. Studweiser Forum Member

depends who fits it. varies from place to place. between 350 and 400 normally. some do it cheaper. BUT cheapest may sometimes be just that, having said that, there's plenty of cowboys charging top dollar too.