What are ideal AFR values for light cruise - supercharged engine

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by dUff, Jan 31, 2007.

1. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

Hi
    Have been progressing with the maps from SNS on my car , but not sure what basic values i should be looking for on light cruise ? should i be less that 14.7 or more than 14.7 ? ( using a LM1 )

I currently have a flat spot on light acceraltion

On Previous chips the AFR would go to 17 make a flat spot then go to about 12 ish on boost, but i had my co-pot on zero so had no more adjustment to make it richer
    Now i have some chips with plenty of idle mixture adjustment and i can get the c-pot to about 350 ohms

I have been playing about with setting it up to 13 AFR at idle with the blue temp disconnected in a effort to get rid of the flat spot. But i did come across a post (by Beavis) on the corrado forum that said set it up with the blue temp sensor connected ( but i guess that would mean unplug the lambda but it did not say )

engine has loads of mods & custom chips so a normal chip ohm values is not gonna really comparable i would expect ,

Any one any ideas what values i can aim for ?

2. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Light cruise the ECU should be in closed loop (targeting 14.7:1) if the chip has this enabled like stock. I ran mine no higher than 14.7:1 on cruise but other people lean it off to the point of missfire and then just add a bit of fuel back in.

The CO pot alters the entire fuel map, so even if you`ve got your cruise sorted it may adversly affect other parts of the map.

The reason I went megasquirt was because of situations like this, instead of "making do" with other peoples maps you can adjust your own at will, and it seems you already have a Wideband so you`re all set up for road tuning..

Your best bet would be a trip down to g-werks or pitstop and book a session of roadmapping with there G60 emulation software if you`re sticking with the G60 management. You could spend months otherwise having chips burned/ swapping/ datalogging/ re-burning.

3. dUff

dUff Administrator Admin

Yeah i have been doing this for 8months now ,and have been tempted to do megasquirt or omex 600 or 1.8 managment on the g60 . Megasquirt looks good value for money and i like the autotune

I am sure i could have got it mapped in a day or so with a mate driving it on megasquirt, I think i will persist for another month but after that i may change , as taxing a car and seeing on the drive only to test it once a month is not much fun

The other problem is the part of the map when it comes off lambda during acceration and before its goes into full boost that will zoom up to 18 AFR and flat spot ( sometime detonate , hell of a bang if the engine is not up to max temperature )

Humm will i try for values closer to 14.7 and not 13 and see how it pulls then on light throttle loads

The joy of digipants :-)

4. KeithMac Forum Junkie

That sounds like digi-lag, but all the SNS chips are supposed to run antilag software?.

Binning the digi1 was one of the best moves I made with my G60 conversion..