What are my options?

Discussion in 'Engines' started by Noo Noo, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Noo Noo Forum Member

Right I've got a 1.8T AGU fitted to my T4.

Today I've found out that the custom engine mount on the driver side has sheared off a tab on the block. That basically leaves me a bolt short on the mount on that side.

Any suggestions on a way forward here? Part of me has had a gut full of the 1.8T in the T4 to be honest. The drive is nice from the additional power but it's a pig to work on and to be honest the sump is a bodge to get it to clear the drive shafts etc. I don't like it.

I'll try and get a picture or two over the next day or so.

fed up today.............................[:x]

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

doesnt the T4 have an 02a as standard? if so wont the standard brackets work or is it down to the turbo gettign in the way? Get some pics up :)

3. Noo Noo Forum Member

No. The geabox on the T4 is an 02B. basically the same as an 02A but with an uprated diff, lower final drive and a whopping great output shaft extension that goes along the rear of the engine. This gives you drive shafts of equal length on both sides of the vehicle.

The nearside mount is off the gearbox and is standard. There's also a rear mount, again off the gearbox / output shaft. There is a further connection between the output shaft and the rear of the engine block. There is the an mount between the engine and chassis on the offside. That's the one that is customised (but based on the T4 model and failed.

I've fixed it temporarily and its seems to be holding for now butI will rework this area based on the standard 1.8t engine mount / connection to the engine along with some beast of a connection to the chassis.

that will be fine for a while but I fancy a new project longer term if and when I get a garage to work in and based on what I've learned from this 1.8t project. I'll start a new thread on that as I'll need help specing it up.

4. andipandi Paid Member Paid Member

5. Noo Noo Forum Member