What colour is the boathouse at Hereford?...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by StuMc, Mar 24, 2010.

1. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Now thanks to Google Streetview we can all find out. :thumbup:

That bastion of Middle-England, the Daily Mail, has got it`s panties ina tizzie over the fact that the `secret` and `sensitive` SAS base has been photographed and published in Streetview.

Oh no! Johnny Forienger will get them now!

I mean seriously? Everyone knows where the base is don`t they?

Surely any committed, serious no-gooder worth his salt would have done his research beforehand not sat forlornly at home waiting for Google to provide the answers.

Once again the fear-mongering media has something to maon about. But wait, if it were such a `risk` why the hell are you reporting it?

Don`t they realise they are now actually advertising the fact that some grainy photos of a pretty non-descript military installation are avaiable online?

What do think 90% of readers will now do? They`ll go looking for it themselves won`t they? (despite the images being published in the papers, entirely without irony of course...)

If it were that sensitive the MOD would have silenced Google and the press from even mentioning it.

But of course these tweedy little compulsive moaners will have their way and Google will have to relent and withdraw the images for `the greater good`.

Where do these tw*ts get off?... [:x]

Oh, here it is BTW, just in case you want to see it before it gets taken down (please don`t use it for any terrorists purposes!)

[​IMG]

I patiently await the late night knock on the door... [:|] :lol:

2. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

I was just waiting for that vital piece of information.
    Now my masterplan cannot be challenged.

Mmmwwwwahhhahahahaha. [}:)]

3. Admin Guest

Stu there is no boat house....

as for the security risk....the daily mail are again five years behind in the news. Must be a slow news day and report the death of Princess Diana didn't rate highly.

I think all of the UK "secret/high risk" sites are now back on Ordance Survey maps and online mapping sites. Places like Menworth Hill, Aldermarston AWE are now visable.

just look at secretbases for the weird and wonderful places that are hidden round the countryside.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2010
  4. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

Oh, back to the drawing board then. [:^(]

5. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

StuMc. If you have ever read the Daily Mail, or even opened it, then I will stop reading your posts. Which is a shame as they are usually worth reading!

6. gtijon Forum Member

Something makes me think that even a particularly thick terrorist isn't going to attack the world's number one squad of hard nuts. They're probably all sat waiting now, shouting "BRING ON THE PAIN" through their gas masks.

7. StuMc

Well you see, I never actually have to buy a newspaper these days.

Working, as I do, on trains there is no shortage of papers left onboard.

I myself wasn`t reading the Daily Fail, but a workmate who was pointed out the story.

Hope that leaves my credibilty intact...

Jon;

Look closely. That could well be a boat on a trailer, with another boat trailer nearby (arrowed).

[​IMG]

If it is logic says that where it is normally housed could well be called a `boathouse`. ;)

(Yes. I`m bored... :lol: :lol:)

8. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

For sure. But, also, don't open the Daily Telegraph. If you do, don't report it!

9. Admin Guest

it could well be a boat on a trailer or just a trailer, which means it gets parked in a garage ;):lol:

But I always thought the in joke about that comment from the film, is there is no boat house.

Certainly not a lake there to splash about on.

10. chrisbex123 Forum Member

Thats the newish credenhill camp.I scaffolded the inside of the gym for that a few years back between jobs. cant say its well hidden and theres another camp at wormbridge, scaffolded an old ammunitions bunker there too and saw the most amazing vw based buggy for sand based work. was like a stretched version. The bunker had the old rail tracks where munitions were transported in during ww2..twas spooky in there i tell thee...try see if wormbridge camp comes up on a search in herefordshire...
    Theres also bugger all chance of a boathouse near any of the camps.A traintrack near the oldun but feckall water.The old camp was huge. I was working plumbing the newbuilds until 2 years ago and the size of the grounds was immense...its on hoarwithy road hereford

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  11. Admin Guest

THis place, has the plane in the woods for training

12. chrisbex123 Forum Member

Thats pretty mad hey...never got to go that far in. Twas when the foot and mouth was about when i was there. There are practice buildings all round and theres a lane right between the 2 sides of the camp grounds. good for flatout ragging it if your brave enough....and i ent.[8(]

13. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Given the size of the building, I'd say it was more an "Enormous storage facility" than a boatouse. And Military boats aren't generally white, it sort of spoils that "stealth" aspect. And given that it's not a RIB, I'd say it's probably a personal boat.
    And it has no outboard(s), so unless the SAS are going for the "rowing in to shore to attack the Taliban" - it's probably someone's old speedboat being dragged out because they are short of space or want to practice boarding it or something...

14. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

Look at the trees at the top of the picture. Are they spelling out a code? Oh God, we're all really in the sh*t now...

15. Admin Guest

I was impressed with the well written post i have read from you in along time:lol:

till i read SAS and boat... don't we use the SBS for boat trips?

16. Admin Guest

Imagine that, waiting years for the buggers to grow to spell out the code:lol:

17. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

Yes, they spell out "If you decode this, we will

18. StuMc

It is, but I was so bored I decided to scour the whole camp for something vaguely boat-like... [:$] :lol: :lol: :lol:

As to the assertion that there is `feck-all` water nearby;

This is a pretty sizeable body of water (flooded quarry)

[​IMG]

Not `on camp` (barely a hundred yards from the boundary) but you can`t tell me they`ve never used it for something (diving, etc).

Still bored...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  19. Admin Guest

disposing of bored train operatives who should be completing a 20v mk2 project?

I think they took one look at that cold lake and said no to that malarky and went off on a jolly to somewhere nice and warm to learn how to dive.

20. geordiegar Forum Member

Echelon has been triggered.