What do you think and where should I go?

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Bazil, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Bazil Forum Member

Hi guys

Ive just bought a new toy [:D] and im looking to get it setup and tuned. Im from Glasgow so Im not 100% sure where I should go.
    Ive been told that I should go to AVA, Ive been told they the best. The thing is Ive been hearing mixed things, some people tell me they really good and others tell me they useless. Ive also been reading up on the net and a lot of people on other forums think they rubbish.
    I normally take my car to Kenneth Brown in Hillington.

What does everyone else think of AVA?
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to the best possible place??????

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  2. Bazil Forum Member

So i take it no one can help me :( :(

3. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

what is the new toy?

4. Supercharged Forum Member

Strange thread!!

Who are AVA?

5. Bazil Forum Member

AVA is a car tuning company. They suppose to be good but a lot of people say they've had problems with them and they not that good. Im just looking for a good garage to take my new car were i no its gonna get done properly.

My new toy is a Mk1 golf 1,8 16v. Took me 3 months to find a good 1. Its my first 1 ive bought in the Uk but ive had 2 back home cause they still make them band new.

6. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

good one in BRIGHTON....local to you

7. Armour

Armour Forum Junkie

AVA are good for Ford's and Cossie's no idea what they are like for VW's though.

Can Kenny Brown not set it up for you?

There is also Bedrock Veedubs in Motherwell 01698 254 666

8. Bazil Forum Member

Ive got the car booked in on saturday morning at Kenny's to see what he can do for me. If he cant do anything then I dont no what to do. [:^(]
    Ill give the guys in motherwell a call.

Thanks

9. RoyF18 Forum Member

Go to John at Bedrock Veedubs, had nothing but good service from them and they know VWs very well, especially mk1s & mk2s

10. HacKage Forum Member

Everytime ive been to AVA, they have been brilliant, and I highly recommend them.Ive never been in my Mk2, but I took my S13 200sx there and my Mazda 323 GTi, and with each car they knew what they were doing, and with the S13, got it running sweet and packing a pretty punch!!
    Very reasonable prices as well, fitted a boost valve, rolling roaded it and set it up correctly for 150, producing an extra 25bhp for the hassle!
    As I say, never went to them with my Mk2, but might be worth a shout!