what do you think?? (rocco)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by vduben, Oct 24, 2006.

1. vduben Forum Member

this is my brothers rocco, he bought it like you see it but the body work was battered, he had a respray in alpine white, had all the body work fixed and done correctly, and he had 1.8t fitted in from a cupra that did 7000 miles!!!!!!! might not be to everybodys taste, but v-dubbin is personal and what you like oh and it was a ex pvw car, was featured a few years back, the one with project buzz box on the front cover with a fit girl who he consiquencly used to go drinking with!!!!!:o
    any way here it is;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jaswan Forum Member

i bet its fast.

i quite like the lights, not keen on the kit though.

Jason

3. Bundles Forum Junkie

I like it :)

4. mexicorich Forum Member

Sciroccos can be really stunning with little work but that one isn't :-(

5. stew72 Forum Member

I actually like that (but I don't have oak green/bbs blinkers ;)) , I'd probably like it even more if the front end wasn't trying so hard to look like a corrado. Is it a reiger kit?

6. GTIAndy Forum Member

I think its cool, any pics of the engine install?

andy

7. Bups01 Forum Member

I remember this, it was magazine featured time ago, will try and dig up the mag! Still looking Nice Thoh!:)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  8. Sciroccotune Forum Member

well i love it, not to everyones taste but i always liked that kit.

I would have stuck with normal light but still like it :~)

9. dub303 Forum Member

:clap:

I like it !

With all things retro, and undesirables all over the show, I think there is room for a few big fat kits... and this is one! Wouldn't want to see too many of em knocking about, especially in bad colours and badly fitted, but the quality of this looks great. Love the black back (hatch), contrasts nicely like the grill.

10. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Thats the nicest scirroco I've seen tbh. Your brother has done a good job.

Would love to see some engine pics.

11. Bundles Forum Junkie

Erm, someones stolen his door handles!! :o

Or does he leave the window down so he can get in? :lol:

12. MKIIR1 Forum Member

not a huge fan of sciroccos but that one i love. the body kit looks awesome and i bet it shifts with that engine. is it the cupra engine or the cupra R. would love to see the engine bay. tell your bro he has done well. looks sweet in white as well:clap: :clap:

13. kerrly Forum Member

not usually a fan of white roccos

REIGER bodykit- looks v 80s but i like it,
    Corrado angel eys- look totally amazing!

its coool

14. RogerM New Member

I have always liked that car.

To be fair I prefer the full fat version of that kit (fitting one to my rocco ... when I actually finish the house and the bose gives me the key to the garage back!!!). Not the mega wide GTO kit but the GTB Evolution, like that one but with the rieger arches and sills instead to the stock GTX ones on that car.

Still stunning though. I was going to stay with the standard double lamp set up up front but I think i may have just been converted ...... oh well, it'll be super custom anyway so might be very different but those angles look great on that car.

I too am keen to see the pics of the engine bay install as I am going S3 power on mine.

I really wish you'd not posted that as now I won't be able to think of anything other than finishing mine :(

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  15. benthejettaman Forum Member

hey for a rocco i do actually like this 1 and b4 u say anything rogerm u didnt hear me say that

16. roccodan Forum Member

Not too keen on the lights but the rest looks cool, he has done a very good job:clap: ,also who fitted the 1.8t?

17. chris9n

chris9n Forum Member

looks well very well

18. vduben Forum Member

there was a few headaches with the engine, it has the ibiza clocks and display all moulded into rocco dash and the wireing up was the hadest bit, someone chucked the rocco wirin loom out when they needed it so they got a new on and had to chop and change it to work but in the end all came good, also had some problems with the fuel pump, i think they used a mk3 golf pump and was too power full so they had to put a resister on the live feed. A bit of a nightmare but is sweet now!
    It is a cupra r i think, the 180bhp one, i will have to go over tho see him to get a few pics of the engine - he lives in grantham if any of you are from the midlands and no it?
    a bloke called chris marr did it, hes quite a regular in pvw, hes got a rallye in tonado red, tvr front brakes, 20v hybrid turbo, 8 injectors, jabba works.... he took me for a ride, was up to 160 in aout 10 seconds!!!!!(well it felt like it) oh and his number plate on the rallye is 85T BOY i think, ive serched the net but couldnt find any pics.....

19. vduben Forum Member

stew72 - oh also the front bumper houses the rado indicators and fogs, thats y he had the old indicators smoothed out and then decided to put the angle eyes in after and long sit down and a tea, and yes it is a reiger kit