What Else To Remove From Engine Bay Mk2 Golf 20v Conversion

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by V.WGOLF, Feb 15, 2010.

1. V.WGOLF New Member

Hi people ive been a fan of the site for years, now i ve bought another mk2 golf with the intention of the 20v conversion,the main question at the moment(am sure there will be many more) is what else can i remove from the engine bay i have took engine out and was planning on using standalone ecu(qpeng or dta) and wiring,so can i remove all old engine loom or is part needed?

2. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

You only need to keep the wiring for the battery/starter circuit, and the headlights loom. Bin the rest. :thumbup:

3. V.WGOLF New Member

Thanks StuMC thats good to hear,will get on with that tonight!:thumbup:

4. Ditchyboy Forum Member

can you completely remove the loom or just cut it back to the bulkhead? how can the MFA still be used on qpeng? I would want the oil temp function along with miles, time driven etc. Also does qpeng come with an output / input or whatever its called to run coolant temp to the mk2 clocks?

cheers

5. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Either. But TBH I`d remove, strip out as necessary, then replace.

That way it`ll be neater, and it`s a good chance to inspect everything for condition and replace where necessary.

Not too sure TBH. No reason why not though, since none of the info comes from the ECU anyway.

No. What you do is plumb in a Mk2 blue temp sender to run the clocks gauge, while the standard 20v one feeds the ECU.