What Exhaust - 1.8T

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by Richard Mk2, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

As my re-map is now out of the way, next thing on the list is a stainless exhaust.

Ive heard so many stories about whats good, and whats not good, but im after a discreet system, which will have noticeable power gains, and will not be loud!! Need it to be as quiet as possible, as its a daily. Ive got my MK2 for loudness!!! ;)

So any advice as to what to go for?

Also, im not looking to change my rear valance for a V5 one, as i dont want any tailpipes sticking out the rear bumper!!

Cheers!!! :thumbup:

2. m.1.e Forum Member

go for a mitek system mate gettin one for mine as i dont want mine to be seen ether. they do a descrete tdi style back box and think the system is about 420 seems alot but they are verry good quality.:thumbup:

3. Richard Mk2

Was thinking about a Milkek, but ive heard they are quite boomy.

[​IMG]

They do look good though, plus i definately want the discreet look. Any other companys who sell the standard look pipes?

4. Richard Mk2

[​IMG]

Look like Scorpion do discreet tailpipes.

But i had a Scorpion system on my MK2 and that was quite loud!!!

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

youre a pro. ive been thinking the same thing all day

6. Richard Mk2

The Miltek one looks good. Definately going for the discreet tailpipes though :thumbup:

7. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

jetex road system, check my thread, uber quiet which ****es me off so much i'm gonna cut out the middle box, and mine's the louder version, and I reckon i've felt gains with it on...

8. The db

The db Forum Junkie

If you want quiet then don't go for milltek - ever. Hahaha. I've had Milltek on an old mk2 and now on the mk3. Sounds f*ckin brilliant - but its loud as hell.

Dennis10 has a jetex on his mk3, and its not all that much quieter than my milltek exhaust tbh - I don't know why people think they are quiet?

9. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

supersprint = quiet.

got one on my mk3. sounds louder than OE but my god it does a good 4cyl shout at full chat

gonna search youtube for mk4 jetex stuff

10. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

'cos their moto is/was "the quiet performer"

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Byvmh46_20&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Byvmh46_20&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

my ****rat with jetex, mine's the "tuned" version, they also do a road version which is quieter.

mine sounds a little loud, but that's only because of proximity of camera, you can't hear it, only after a long journey when it's warm....

11. Collie Forum Junkie

i have a jetex with a home made decat. sounds great on full chat, no boom on motorway or when just commuting about. My mate says it sounds like its sucking up the tarmac, whatever that means

12. Richard Mk2

Lets get this thread going again. Its been on my mind lately and i want to get one sorted. So has anyone had any experience with these discreet tailpipes? Its only scorpion and milltek who do them, so will go with one of them. Most likely Milltek. Been thinking about the noise side of things and i wouldn't mind a little exhaust note ;)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  13. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Can't see the point of spending 300-400 and not hearing what you bought. Exhaust note is needed but not too much

14. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

Jetex on my Ibiza Cupra was excellent. Nice a quite, whilst knowing it was there.. never rattled/broke/failed, inthe two years before the car was written off. It even looked mint with the car on its roof.

15. webbywagon Forum Member

My brother had a miltek on his mk4, and tbh he reckoned it really was'nt worth the money. But thats his opinion, and tbh i agree with him. He bought an R32 later and that already had a miltek on it and it suited the 6 cyl engine much better than his previous 4 cyl engined golf

16. Bundles Forum Junkie

Just buy a section of 56mm pipe and two joining sleeves and chop out the middle box, with a turbo, a cat and a backbox silencing your engine i guarantee it still wont be loud!

17. Collie Forum Junkie

what bundels said........................patch on ukmkivs did that sounded nice enough