What have you kept up with or beaten?

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by deepdishtj, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Collo Forum Member

Scalped ferrari 355 on the A343 from Andover to Devizes across the plain 20 miles or so of silly speeds at 2am,oh sorry with a MK2 16v ,with Leda suspension ,mongoose exhaust ,K & N filter and the advantage of knowing the road really really well[:D]

2. deepdishtj Forum Member

kept up with:
    a 2.0 red top corsa that was smoking like a biatch
    numourous clio sports
    206 gti
    bmw 318is e30
    corsa vxr
    beaten:
    bmw 320 e46
    mk3 8v
    mk4 150 t
    a3 2.0T
    got beaten by:
    R8:lol:
    bmw 330d[:s]
    aston v8
    mg zr 1.8
    rover 25 2.0 turbo
    mk3 polo (unknown engine)[8(]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

at the ring, i really didnt keep up with a lot

4. deepdishtj Forum Member

:lol: but to be fair it is the ring. i cant keep up with people in my mk2 on forza 2 let alone in real life!!

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

its hard to commit on a road that is actively trying to kill you when you have only limited knowledge.

i think i only overtook about 5 cars that weekend and has an amazing chase with an mx5. he was a bit more regular it seemed so you could rely on his knowledge a bit to see if you could carry speed or not... but i wasnt there to prove points or lay down the law. was more important to me to get away without damage

6. deepdishtj Forum Member

is actually that horrific? :lol:

7. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

my old 8v at the ring overtook about 5 cars aswell, a few audi estates an old beemer and a new scooby that was driven by a complete tool. my new track car beat everything at llandow when I last went including a P1 scooby (kept spinning) , 280bhp 200sx an mr2 and a handful of lotus 7 type cars but llandow is a track thats very suited to the hot hatch. I dont really drive anything fast on the road atm but last night my fecked 205td kept up with my mates 2.5td 2006 nissan nevara truck...i was proud [:$]

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

[​IMG]

thats the fox hole. that section sucked.

was a fast section, but that bend is blind. instinct says "lose some speed", but losing speed from c.120mph isnt fun as youre piling into a corner, which you know on the game wasnt particularly severe and there is a short straight after for you to brake hard on.

so you have to reprogram your head to accept its ok to keep it pinned, real mind over matter stuff when every fibre in your body wants to you brake cos its almost blind, you can only see the entry

thats the fun tho. its a highly challenging bit of road

9. deepdishtj Forum Member

i think a trip is in order

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

well worth it. i hope you have your head screwed on otherwise youll end up in a barrier. look how small the run offs are

11. deepdishtj Forum Member

goin to get some more track knowledge in the uk first when the cars done then i'll consider it :)

12. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i think a lot of the skill is in having restraint, ability to read the road, the confidence to stay comitted when its getting closer to the limit and the talent to correct things if you get it wrong.

youll love it

13. deepdishtj Forum Member

i might take my stretched tyres off and put some different wheels on tho. i no i wont get any ''scene'' points but i dont rele want to die..:lol:

14. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

Only time i really had a "race" with someone was against a pri*k in a masserati quatraporte, basicaly he was a tailgating ar*ehole as i was joining "private" road aka M65

So i put my foot down lost him completelly than eased of and cruised at 80-ish

He came behind and stayed there for a while than as private road opened up to 3 lanes up the hill he gave me a ****ty look and gunned it!

I hate getting looks![:x]

So i went after him

As the speed aproached shade under 160 and the pri*k couldnt pull off the look on his face was priceless:lol:

I decided to ease off as he was showering me with debris from dirty private road

I knew it was wrong to do those kind of speeds but he really ****ed me off!

15. deepdishtj Forum Member

i woud loved to of sin his face when he an a3 keeping up!

16. SirGeekalot Forum Member

my 1.6 gti mk1 used to take the odd mk4 gti off the lights, but once you got to about 30 i was screwed..

hoping a kr transplant and a t25 off the saab i just scrapped might change things a little..

17. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

keeping up? more like catching and overhauling him.

takes a considerable bhp advantage to pull off something like that haha

18. sambo Paid Member Paid Member

In all honesty i could off gone past him easily but i just wanted to sit behind him to prove my point

Do not give me the look! :lol:

19. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

My mate once owned this audi in his mk1 fiesta by such a margin he ended up going straight up the back of him - because his fiesta was so much quicker (the audi was parked btw)

20. Brookster

Brookster Paid Member Paid Member

Sambo !! your a rebel with a cause :lol:

i once nearly beat Paul Bargate in his Rocco 2.0L 16v ! i ran a 13.92 and he ran a 13.88 sec 1/4 [8(]

i did beat him over 60ft last time i did a 2.00 sec and he ran a 2.11sec

i'll get him next time ;) when i get my MK1 Running after a Stealth Tune.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008