what injectors

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by steffg60, Aug 30, 2005.

1. steffg60 New Member

hi guys
    i have a mk4 20vt i have just bought a kkk s turbo. what injectors do i need to get and does anyone know any good places to get them from.
    i am also planning to get a front mount intercooler . 4 branch , decat pipe plus a full exhaust.dump valve and a remap. is there any other items the engine would benfit from i`m pretty new to the 20vt . and any help would be great also has anyone got any ideas of what power i would get.

2. Chris M Forum Member

What engine code is your car?? I would suspect with a decent re-map you'd see 230+ on the K03S. Intercooler is one of the most important mods. Are you going for de-cat, why not get asports cats? Saves on messing about once its MOT time. Stock 150 injectors should cope depending on the engine code. My mates stock AUM MK4 is running 223 bhp on a k03s with just a re-map!!!

Cheers

Chris

3. steffg60 New Member

not sure what engine code but its a s reg car if that helps

4. Chris M Forum Member

Does it have a throttle cable or is it DBW??

5. Mk1dubzter Forum Member

Hello Steff

Your Golf 4 1.8t is an agu engine code 150bhp (non dbw). Your standard injectors aremore than adequate of handling the power you will most likely have with the upgrades you are planning for this car. I can help you with all the relevant items you are looking for so either pm mr or call 0208 916 2116 .

Help is always available-just ask.

Regards

Vinesh

6. A_N_Other Forum Member

AUM injectors are about 40% bigger than AGU ones.
    I wouldn't run AGU injectors much past 200bhp, just to keep turbo and exhaust valves cool.

If you have K03s turbo though, I guess AUM, or TT (BAM) injectors etc. would be best. Not sure what this does for re-map. I guess you can get the injection tables scaled for bigger injectors fairly easily though?

7. Chris M Forum Member

Any decent tunershould be able tore-map the car regardless of which injectors you decide to use. This shouldn't be a problem [:D]

Chris

8. richgit Forum Junkie

but there is a limit to any injectors mate.

He couldnt get 400bhp from the same injectors, could he?

9. Chris M Forum Member

Yeah, what i ment to say was, it doesn't matter if there too big.Steffg60 could use the 225 BAM injectorswithnoprobs.Obviously every injector has a limit etc.

Chris
    Edited by: Chris M

10. steffg60 New Member

i phone jabbasport and i`m sure he said it`s best to use 440cc injectors he said they were about 40 each which sounds pretty good to me. i think the first mod is going to be fit the larger intercooler anyone got any ideas if cooler from other cars are easy fits i was thinking of a s3 intercooler as they are cheap on ebay.

11. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Yes, it does. If the injectors are too big your pulsewidths at idle will get very small compared to the injector open time. This means your effective pulsewidth resolution drops, and can lead to a funky idle. And if you want to get really anal smaller injectors atomise the fuel better than large ones so combustion can be improved.

That said these are probably both non-issues on the stock ECU, i'd imagine it has a decent enough timing resolution that it can cope with reasonably oversized injectors quite happily.

12. Chris M Forum Member

[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. If the injectors are too big your pulsewidths at idle will get very small compared to the injector open time. This means your effective pulsewidth resolution drops, and can lead to a funky idle. And if you want to get really anal smaller injectors atomise the fuel better than large ones so combustion can be improved.

[/QUOTE]

So it doesn't matter really does it?????The nozzle tip and pressure atomise fuel, As long as "the tuner" cancompensate for this, there is no problem. As an example,My mate is running 750cc/min injectors on his S2, just to see if they could get them to idle ok and no problems on Motronic. Stock injectors are 320cc/min. If your capable enough you can get then to work, obviouslytaking into account all the factors.

Just my 2p worth,

Chris

Edited by: Chris M

13. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

That's not quite the case though, otherwise high-output engines wouldn't bother with the hassle of multiple injectors and injector staging. I agree that it's probably totally a non-issue in most people's case, but you can't just make a sweeping statement that you can go as big as you like, you know what t'internet is like someone is likely to take it as gospel :lol:

14. Chris M Forum Member

Yeah, get the biggest ones you can find!!!!! :lol: Although, my original point (Not properly stated) was out of the 1.8T injector range, you wont go wrong with the 225 bhp ones, it'll give you morescope when you want more power and they won't be on the limit.

Cheers,

Chris