What is this, and where does it connect to? (2e2)

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by coolerguy, Dec 28, 2010.

1. coolerguy New Member

Hello all!

The 2E2 I installed some months ago and just recently got working optimally has a connector that doesn't exist on the old one, and i'm wondering what it is? It's marked in red in the picture beneath:
    [​IMG]

Where does it connect to?

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

That's an over-temperature thermoswitch.

If you have the correct wiring in your car, there should be a single 0.5mm (black, I think) wire with a plastic-shrouded spade receptacle which will plug onto it. If your old carb didn't have this thermoswitch, your car probably doesn't have the wiring (or control unit at the fusebox) for it.

What it does is to switch on the main radiator fan if the temperature of the carb body exceeds 70C after engine shutdown through heatsoak in the engine bay. It does nothing at all while the ignition is on.

It will run the fan for up to about ten minutes, or until that thermoswitch registers less than 70.

Designed to reduce fuel evaporation from the float bowl and consequent hot-starting problems. In the UK, it only does something in the middle of a hot summer.

3. sjm66 Forum Member

nice new pierburgh !!! On the older one's there is a small heater on the front of them to try and prevent the dreaded icing....Could it be a heater ??

Steve