What no grip?

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by GVK, Dec 30, 2006.

1. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

2. vduben Forum Member

thats got some serious power!!:clap:

3. RichS

RichS CGTI Regional Host

Was at Donny yesterday (spectating again!) when this trundled down the pitlane - superb!

Couldn't get grip at all - as per the video - but couldn't help wondering if he was doing it on purpose...no real throttle modulation, just on/off from the sounds of it when he was going past. Also, I realise he must have been correcting it all the time, but it kinda looked like he was provoking it as well - but I realise that both of those statements are very subjective.

The one thing that was noticable, was that there always seemed to be a lot of 'faster' cars behind him, who just couldn't get past (at one point I counted twelve from one lap the the next.) He just didn't seem to corner well at all, slow and making his car wide - and then on the straights, he'd power down in a great big dollop and fishtail all over the track. The were quite a few 'flinching' moments as cars tried to go past him (wide!) and he was sideways, swinging around 'aiming' for them - with inches to spare.

Would like to have seen it in the dry, being well driven with a clear track - obviously some very nice work gone on there, but couldn't help thinking that it wasn't really suitably driven - especially as I think he was running in the advanced/expert class.

4. Unknown Forum Junkie

I think I've read an article on this car, or at least a very similar one.... I'll have a browse

5. leontdi Forum Member

he put the hammer down coming out of quarry a couple of years back at coombe and possibly hit the nos and the thing was all over the place i reckon its possibly a bit of a hndfull real nice car though .

6. ukdub New Member

Power is nothing with out control. A bit of an overkill. Looked great fun though

7. Jonny777 Forum Member

Seems like a bit silly to try to drive it in the wet at full attack tbh. Would love to see it get a dry track though.
    Jonny.