what size tyres on 14" wheels?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by d6nna, Jan 30, 2004.

1. d6nna New Member

hello all :)

i've got some brand new tyres off my old car which are in a lot better condition then the ones I've got on at the moment

the ones I have are on 13" steel wheels, but the ones off my old car are 175/65/14s but there off a Ford so PCD is different I've been told

I've been given some 14" et40 Fox Alloys with small tyres on, will I be ok putting these 175/65/14 tyres onto the fox alloys and using them on my mk3 3door golf

many thanks

donna x

2. Jettin' Forum Member

You will be OK, seen as the tyres are free. The proper size is 185/60/14 which is slightly wider than the tyres you have got but not by much. The offset of the alloys is fine also so nothing to worry about really. These tyres will be quite good in the wet and snow due to the reduced width (assuming the tyres are vaguely good in the wet).

3. d6nna New Member

where i live we get a lot of snow so this will be a lot better for me!

the 13s at the moment are very skinny!! anything better then these are an improvement!!

also they have vauxhall spriggot rings inside them ive been told, do i need them? will they fit? where can i get golf ones? thanks :)

donna x

4. Jettin' Forum Member

Hi Donna,

Dont know if the spigot rings will be a problem but try fitting a wheel to see if it goes on. Of you can get it on and the wheel sits well then you will be fine.

There are two types of wheel bolts, round and tapered, get the right ones for the wheels.

And do them up tight as well. I speak from experience [:$]

5. d6nna New Member

will my wheel bolts be ok?

i have some with the wheels off a vauxhall, any idea if they fit or not?

donna x