What stickers should it have? The definitive list with pics

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Alexf, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Alexf Forum Member

Hi guys and girls,

Im looking to make my mk1 concours standard and want to know the stickers it should have on it from the factory. I wondered if there could be a sticky made to show all the stickers that should be present?

Currently I have the tyre pressure sticker in the door frame along with the oktan min sticker. I have the yellow boot-lid sticker, the bar code found behind the front grill, the chassis number sticker on the inside of the boot and the engine bay warning sticker. I also have the rocker cover warning sticker.

The car is a 1983 Mk1 GL.

It currently does not have the separate silver paint code sticker found on the boot floor. Should it have this?

Looks like this (ps I know that isnt the exact font but just for reference purposes from ebay seller Flystickers):

[​IMG]

Also, should it have these and where are the locations for them? Does anyone know if some of these are GTi only or for older cars?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe this one goes on the brake servo, there are two available on ebay, this p/n with an S and one with a K, any ideas of the difference?

[​IMG]

And lastly, hope 75golf doesn't mind me borrowing his pic but I would love to get the original running in sticker for the windscreen, ie, this:

[​IMG]

made for my car. Did they come on all mk1s or just early models and has anyone remade them at all?

Thanks very much and hopefully this can become a helpful guide for everyone who wants to restore back to original.

Alex

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the servo sticker is wrong for you as its a mk2 golf part number, cant help on the rest sorry!

3. Alexf Forum Member

No thats a step in the right direction :) Thanks Rubjonny :)

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

5. Alexf Forum Member

Yea I have thanks Stu, Im just waiting for the confirmation email to ask in the forum, but Ive bought stickers from them in the past and they are great quality.